• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any Aspies had bad experience learning to drive

I first took driving lessons when I was eighteen. The instructor gave up on me when showed that I had trouble multitasking. My next attempt at learning to drive wasn't until I was in my early thirties. I am a very good driver, but do feel inordinate rage at the idiocy of some drivers out there; especially the ones who get in front of me and slow down because they are chatting on a cell phone. :mad: Or even worse, texting.

i had a massive crisis and shouting fit before my test because i 'knew' i wasn't ready, as in i wasn't sure id be able to handle ALL situations. I passed anyway, and i realise now i don't have to have everything preplanned because it's impossible to know everything that might happen.

I used to get annoyed with my instructor too (although not when he was there, but to someone else afterwards) because he didn't fully explain everything and then treated me like an idiot when i got things wrong that he hadn't actually told me about.

Now I'm a fully qualified driver, i love it. I like that there are clear rules that everyone must follow, and i don't have to second guess people by reading any signals other than the clear and obvious rules of driving. it's very relaxing in comparison with dealing with people. If and when things go wrong - i.e. when other people do daft things - i don't even feel angry because i read the road almost like it were a program, so if something goes wrong, it's just a mechanical glitch, nothing personal. NTs and others tend to take everything personally, and so get easily angered when driving. I'm the opposite.

I find driving quite easy, my truck's huge engine and Saudi Arabia sized fuel tank make filling up the only bad experience I have driving lol.

I can't drive a car. I'm Michael Schumacher in a golf cart, though. My vision & depth perception issues make cars a non-starter (no pun intended).

I find driving quite easy, my truck's huge engine and Saudi Arabia sized fuel tank make filling up the only bad experience I have driving lol.

I am in the same boat, but I am really liking the fuel prices now. I filled my truck up for $58 the other day. Under $2 a galleon. I have spent well over $100 to fill it before.

I understand comeplty 1994 3/4 ton Chevy k2500 with a large block 572 cu.in. Engine it's guzzles some gasoline.

It's pushing 900HP easy. The motor has been rebored and restroked. It started at 572 cu. in. Nows it's 638 cu. in. To make up for lack of compressions it has two turbos. 6 speed transmission. I've pulled things well over 7 tons gross weight.

It only eats small children if they get too close, it should be in a cage but because budget cuts that's not possible at the moment. :)

If the warp drive on the Enterprise goes out, you could lend that motor to Scotty so he can the ship moving again!

I'm afraid the enterprise's transmission couldn't handle the torque it creates. I might be able to give Scotty a tow

New Threads

Top Bottom