• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any Amateur Radio Operators Here?

Cryptid

Only Rumored To Exist
This is an informal survey, so please do NOT post your callsigns, as they can be easily traced back to your station's address and reveal your RW identity.

If you are an Amateur Radio Operator, please answer the following questions:

What are your favorite frequency bands? (Me: mostly 2m/440)
What are your favorite operating modes? (Me: FM and Packet)
What are your favorite brands of equipment? (Kenwood, Yeasu)
Do you also use Morse code? (Me: Only to qualify for my license)
Have you developed any innovations that help you in the hobby? (Me: A full-wave stub loop antenna)
Have you handled any emergency traffic during a disaster? (Me: Yes, but only to send "All Okay" messages)

Thank you.

I'm not worried about people getting my address, but I'll honor the request about callsign

What are your favorite frequency bands?
40 m QRP CW
17 m SSB
12 m SSB
10 m SSB
6 m FM,SSB
2 m FM,SSB,DMR
70 cm FM,DMR

What are your favorite operating modes? QRP CW,SSB,FM,DMR

What are your favorite brands of equipment? not partial - like vintage and homebrew

Do you also use Morse code? Only for QRP

Have you developed any innovations that help you in the hobby?
Homebrew arduino based keyer, several custom antennas

Have you handled any emergency traffic during a disaster? yes - train derailment carrying phosphorus

I'm a ham from Australia (VK)

I really enjoy 20m, 40m, 15m and 2m.

10m is heaps of fun when it's open.

CW is the mode I use 99% of the time. I do like 2m FM when there's ducting about.

Mostly have Yaesu gear.

I love Morse Code. I can head copy up to 17 wpm and hoping to get to 20 wpm one day. I like going portable with QRP and CW.

I have home brewed some sidewinder keys for CW. I have made some wire antennas for HF.

I haven't been part of any emergency on the air.

Tnx

General Class operator from USA here.

Mostly 20m
SSB (America mandates USB on bands between 20 and 10 meters)
Most of my shack is Yaesu products, it just ended up that way, not because I'm a Yaesu fanboy. I have always had used equipment and have also used Kenwood and Icom products.
Negative on the last three questions.

I have a VHF/UHF radio I mainly use for listening to weather reports. I have an old Realistic Navaho CB base radio for listening to the weirdos on Channel 6 when I'm bored. I have a Hammarlund HQ-110A awaiting the repair bench, as well as a Heathkit HW-101 and a couple other tube radios for eventual rehab.

← Currently operating in the Philippines, and mostly on 2 meters, with an occasional foray onto 70 centimeters.

In the Philippines, 2 meters is 144 to 146 MHz only, and 70 centimeters is 430 to 440 MHz only.

New Threads

Top Bottom