• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

anxiety from embarrassment

I filled a job application in Florida, went to interview, and they were just trying to drum up business for their spa. It was so upsetting.
There are a lot of rental scams everywhere. If l don't do business in a office/management, I am not renting. I lost 3000 deposit from renting private condo. The next rental l lost all my deposit when l moved out because the pandemic had started, and it changed the landscape. One of the apartments l lived in, burned down, l called it the origami apartments, because the walls were so thin, it was a dryer vent that caught fire. I do remember a tenant always running their dryer at 2:00 am. So try to get to a office, hopefully legit. People fall into scammers territory. The saddest story, was a 69 year-old woman and her husband were on very good terms with an attorney and his wife in Florida, dined with them regularly. They put their condo up for sale, the attorney handled the transaction and took the proceeds. So this poor lady lost her dear husband and now has to rent, and never went after the attorney.

Have you found out anything about this, have you tried to get in touch with a property manager?
they don't have an apartment manager, i set up a fraud alert for my ssn and reported them to the ftc, fbi, and reported fraud through zelle. i got back to looking for apartments this morning (not on craigslist) and found one thats the best location for my commute so far, i'm hoping they'll get back to me soon.

You already know you're a bad judge of such things. It appears that con artists can tell that you're an easy touch. You need to become more suspicious. The larger the amount of money, the more suspicious you need to be. Take it as a life lesson, learn from it, and move on.

New Threads

Top Bottom