• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anime with an autistic character.

Unclewolverine

The kids and I love our motorcycles and the oldest ones are getting into anime. We watched one together that combined both called "Super Cub" the main character is obviously depressed at the beginning but the secondary main character really seems to be on the spectrum. Its a very slow paced beautiful, relaxing show for those who like that.

Kimi no Todoke. Clearly autistic main character.

There are a lot of anime characters who have autistic traits but I wouldn't want to insist they were.

I loved Super Cub. Made me want to go out and buy one.

I remember hearing a mention that L from Death Note could be autistic.

Other examples I can think of, though not from anime, just manga:

Igarashi Iori from Radiation House, a hospital drama manga, is socially awkward, which has gotten him fired from at least one hospital, but he has incredible attention to detail.

Then there is With the Light, a manga about young mother's life with his autistic son. It's realistic, but overall positive, although it was never finished because of author's passing.

Koguma may be on the spectrum but more likely some other disorder with co-morbidity of depression but watching it and reading the manga and novel Reiko really ticks off a lot of the boxes, I see a lot of my youth reflected in her character.

Haruki Shiga, in "I Want to Eat Your Pancreas" (2018), may be autistic. But it's not said.
At least like he don't have any friends and never talk to anyone, and he seems to want to be for himself all the time, and maybe not especially good at understanding his feelings. I saw a lot of myself in him. :p

New Threads

Top Bottom