• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An Upsetting Machine

Gritches

The Happy Dog
V.I.P Member
So, today at work I was working on some paperwork for a machine called an "Upsetter". It shakes boxes to settle their contents to the bottom, but that's besides the point.

Being literal-minded as I am, I started to wonder: what if there was a machine called an "Upsetter" whose sole purpose it was to upset people? What kind of machine would it be? What kind of things would it do to upset people?

I'll leave it open ended, but I want to see what people come up with: if you were to build a machine whose sole purpose it was to make people upset, what would it do?

Envisioned immediately an 'upsetter' box that I would set among people who stand around and gossip. It would pop open and animated cackling chickens would mimic the gossip sounds. I would stay to see their reactions.

A scale that would show that you weigh 3 times what you actually weigh? Oh no, that might only upset anorexics and overweight people and leave out all the rest. Hmmmmm...........

Lots of different noises at loud volume that was programmed not to turn off and that I could not get away from.

so you saw shaking to settle and went to shaking to unsettle. relating. first it should reach the max audience, which today means social media. then pit them all against each other, stand back and watch. that should yield the resulting upset.

So, today at work I was working on some paperwork for a machine called an "Upsetter". It shakes boxes to settle their contents to the bottom, but that's besides the point.

Being literal-minded as I am, I started to wonder: what if there was a machine called an "Upsetter" whose sole purpose it was to upset people? What kind of machine would it be? What kind of things would it do to upset people?

I'll leave it open ended, but I want to see what people come up with: if you were to build a machine whose sole purpose it was to make people upset, what would it do?

It would be a electric forklift that will not do anything. Very upsetting.

A box that would say factually only the truth to people
with logical rationale.
That would probably shake most of them up.

An end of sentence...
FINISHER
That always has the last
WORD
But keeps getting it...
BANANAS
That is enough to want to make you throttle...
A NUN
Look, you keep getting it...
RIGHT EVERY TIME

So that would be
BRILLIANT

I don't need to create a machine,

Already have those apps downloaded and hardwired into my own circuitry by default it would seem :)

Such a machine already exists, and his name is Donald Trump :D

An app that causes your computer to shutdown just as you are nearing the end of writing an email or forum post.

New Threads

Top Bottom