• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Am I a typical Asperger's syndrome adult?

Brianax3

I am obsessed with jason castro and eminem. I save pictures of eminem and his family and put them In photobucket under certain sub albums the pictures always have to be organized. I know everything about eminem and his family and I can't get them out of my head. With jason I am very disturbed about not getting to meet him like I wanted to the night I met him didn't go my way. I know everything about him and his family too. I don't leave my house I have a social phobia. I get very upset when I listen to mockingbird by eminem and have to listen to it over and over again. I am constantly getting used by people for my money.

Hey Brian

I organize info about Kevin Federline, another rapper. This guy happens to rap about his life with Britney, and I find that real, though it sounds gross now.

I get obsessed with whatever he writes. If you know any rapper that has a great flow and great lyrics like Eminem, and looks 'cool', maybe I'll listen to him.

I also have a social phobia. I will not go out unless 'forced' to.

Also, because I had an experienced of 'being used for money', I have an aversion to other friends and relatives who need money.

Welcome to Aspies Central! :)

Hi,

Reading from what you posted, I don't know if being obsessed with something specifically makes someone an aspie. Some people have obsessions and are not on the spectrum whatsoever. The social phobia does add to it though.

King_Oni's response seems logical to me. The social and organization parts have been linked to Aspergers, and possibly obsessing about things. The rest is likely random.

We are all different, there is no typical person really, however with Asperger Syndrome (AS) you are more likely to be vulnerable to abuse including financial abuse and you are more likely to get obsessed over things along with other symptoms like a social phobia and much more, although this alone doesn't necessary mean you have AS it's more likely. Have you been diagnosed with AS or are you looking for confirmation that you have AS? It might be interesting for you do the Aspie-quiz (<< click this link) as that will let you know a lot more about whether you are a typical adult with AS or not? Only a suitable medical professional can officially diagnose, but in my opinion the test is pretty accurate nevertheless if you answer the questions honestly (well it seems to be for myself - my result summary is in my signature - see below, although the full results are given in a lot more detail than this with a lot more useful information personal to yourself).

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom