• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Alternate history obsession.

Not human history so much (my interest pretty much halts in the Dark Ages), but as a palaeo nut I like to do speculative evolution and how species would have evolved if certain things had/hadn't happened.

Yes! I am fascinated and obsessed with History and alternate histories or projected potential futures based on past or current events.

So clearly I'm a huge fan of books (and TV / films) such as 'The Man in the High Castle' and 'Fatherland'.

Not me but my brother loves alternate history and while a bit different alternate history maps aslo

History is interesting, espicially history of earth and evolution, but I hate history as a school subject because of my teacher. She thinks she is the best teacher in the world, but she is just strict, unfair, demanding and toxic.

What if northern Europe wasn't so cold?

And more fecund..

And if William Knox Darcy didn't exist or rested on his laurels.

Bigger oil finds in other locations instead of the middle East first.

Constantine.
"What if northern europe was so cold"
It technically isn't cold because of the gulf stream but Eastern Europe (Eg. Ukraine and Russia) are another story however.

With the Middle East, if we cancel out Islam and create the world without any Muslim rule, the Eastern Christian Orthodox and the Zoroastrians would indeed take place of Islam.

In Kurdish territories, Yadizi religious followers would establish a Kurdish kingdom in Northern Iraq, Southern Iraq would be in control by another short lived faith called Misoasism. The Jews, the Christian Orthodox and the Zoroastrians could destabilize the Middle East.

Here is where I would base my scenario.

I'll see if these videos would give you good ideas on how politics would be rewritten if we could imagine an Earth or a Middle East without Islam.

It would a fight over oil unless if we were using Nikola Tesla's invention of free energy distributed from his Wardenclyffe tower.

uPGfEj
I love the youtube channel that made the second video.

Very much! I'm studying to become an author to escape the torture of the open plan office and love writing short stories from history. The areas that fascinate me the most are Europe between 1550 and 1800, the East India Company and French Revolution. Just like your Arab nation theory, I wonder what the world would look like if the East India Company hadn't asset stripped India and doomed Western society to a corporate culture of greed and corruption.
Me to.

New Threads

Top Bottom