• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ah the joys of dating!

Nope, not at all. I just missed your reply. It actually doesn't even merit further discussion. No point in wasting more time than I already have. Lol!

Im not sure exactly what you mean. My animosity is not directed at u tho, for sake of clarity. I just think mean people suck, and she was mean.

Oh, what I had said about her was sarcasm and I thought you might have taken me literally. What you said about her was true. I was just trying to add a little humor and lighten things up. Actually, being Miss Etiquette I think she was extremely rude. She sounds a little childish. That's why I was wondering what attracted him to her in the first place.

Oh, what I had said about her was sarcasm and I thought you might have taken me literally. What you said about her was true. I was just trying to add a little humor and lighten things up. Actually, being Miss Etiquette I think she was extremely rude. She sounds a little childish. That's why I was wondering what attracted him to her in the first place.

I've got armor-plated skin, nurseangela. Worry ye not!

Nope, not at all. I just missed your reply. It actually doesn't even merit further discussion. No point in wasting more time than I already have. Lol!

There's a reason I asked.
This is what I don't like about those dating sites - people go for the looks first which is totally superficial. Granted, you should be attracted to a person, but dating sites are meat markets.
Example: My brother. He's decent looking (not exactly drop dead gorgeous, but I'm his sister too. Anyway, in his 20's he kept going out with these blond "bombshells" (I didn't think they looked that great, but he liked "blondes" and the thing is he kept going out with them even though they treated him like crap. I mean CRAP. You know what happened in the end? My sister-in-law (a nice shy brunette) asked him out by sending him a note and they've been married I believe 12 yrs. She certainly isn't the blondes he was interested in (nothing wrong with blondes - he was just being superficial and was after a certain look) but she is pretty in her own way and has a great personality to boot. My point is I really don't think dating sites are the answer. They're are too many people to choose from and they are going to go for looks first. I think you're handsome by your picture, but i have to know the personality behind the face first. You know, something else, my Aspie friend (who I met on this site and have never even seen a picture of) I have found that I care for him very much, and if he were to ever want more than a friendship later on, I would do it in a heartbeat - sight unseen. He's that special to me. It just seems to me that guys go for looks first. Am I wrong?

My cousin gave up on the basic dating websites altogether. She concluded that they seemed to emphasize looks above all else.

There's a reason I asked.
This is what I don't like about those dating sites - people go for the looks first which is totally superficial. Granted, you should be attracted to a person, but dating sites are meat markets.
Example: My brother. He's decent looking (not exactly drop dead gorgeous, but I'm his sister too. Anyway, in his 20's he kept going out with these blond "bombshells" (I didn't think they looked that great, but he liked "blondes" and the thing is he kept going out with them even though they treated him like crap. I mean CRAP. You know what happened in the end? My sister-in-law (a nice shy brunette) asked him out by sending him a note and they've been married I believe 12 yrs. She certainly isn't the blondes he was interested in (nothing wrong with blondes - he was just being superficial and was after a certain look) but she is pretty in her own way and has a great personality to boot. My point is I really don't think dating sites are the answer. They're are too many people to choose from and they are going to go for looks first. I think you're handsome by your picture, but i have to know the personality behind the face first. You know, something else, my Aspie friend (who I met on this site and have never even seen a picture of) I have found that I care for him very much, and if he were to ever want more than a friendship later on, I would do it in a heartbeat - sight unseen. He's that special to me. It just seems to me that guys go for looks first. Am I wrong?

I really don't know because I'm not your typical guy. I have a large range of what I find physically attractive so I'm incredibly open-minded. I think a lot of men look for the superficial. For me, it's always the totality of the person. I think Kim Kardashian is positively ugly because her personality makes her so. If she wanted to date me, I'd walk, no run, away very quickly. BTW, thanks for the compliment. I think I'm mostly a nice and decent guy but I have an allergy to stupidity and patience isn't always my forte.

I know i keep harping on this, but I'm still curious. Were you first attracted to her looks or to her bio? (And if you don't want to answer, just tell me and I'll leave it alone.)

Ok. Sorry I kept asking. I'm trying to figure out what would make a woman so "interesting and attractive" and then she comes out saying what she did. It's kinda like when a person finds out they married the wrong person - they don't just find this out overnight, most of the time there's signs (usually right out in the open and the person still overlooks them). What this woman said was so rude I don't think I've ever encountered anything like that before. I just don't understand what made her attractive in her bio (someone must have written it for her is all I can think of).

Ok. Sorry I kept asking. I'm trying to figure out what would make a woman so "interesting and attractive" and then she comes out saying what she did. It's kinda like when a person finds out they married the wrong person - they don't just find this out overnight, most of the time there's signs (usually right out in the open and the person still overlooks them). What this woman said was so rude I don't think I've ever encountered anything like that before. I just don't understand what made her attractive in her bio (someone must have written it for her is all I can think of).

No apology necessary. As I said before, I have thick skin. I think I saw the humor in it more than anything. I had a belly laugh. Part of me even felt a bit sorry for her.

The day I completely figure out the mind of an NT is the day I'll hit nirvana. No, I'm not talking about the music group ;-) Anyhow, chick that called me ugly (I should have clarified earlier that she called me ugly in an email ... my aspieness comes out again) sent me an email to apologize. Now, an apology goes a long way with me and I'm all about forgiveness but she asked for another chance. And NT's call us weird!? Fine, I have nothing to lose - we all make mistakes in judgement. I've made more than my share so I'm inclined to pursue this for a minute to see where it goes. This time, I'm not going to fall hard quickly.

The day I completely figure out the mind of an NT is the day I'll hit nirvana. No, I'm not talking about the music group ;-) Anyhow, chick that called me ugly (I should have clarified earlier that she called me ugly in an email ... my aspieness comes out again) sent me an email to apologize. Now, an apology goes a long way with me and I'm all about forgiveness but she asked for another chance. And NT's call us weird!? Fine, I have nothing to lose - we all make mistakes in judgement. I've made more than my share so I'm inclined to pursue this for a minute to see where it goes. This time, I'm not going to fall hard quickly.

What?! I really don't understand where you're coming from, so it's best that I say nothing.

Basically the chick that called me ugly, apologized for it.

I wasn't going to say anything and just go spend some quality time with my IBS cause its getting lonely. But I have to say something or it will gnaw at me the rest of the day.
Are you seriously thinking of giving another chance to this "chick" that called you "ugly"?

Absolutely! We all make errors in judgment and an apology goes a long way. It doesn't mean I'll easily forget, however.

Well, we don't know the context of any of this. If her apology included a reasonable explanation for why what happened happened, then if I were in Matt's place, I would consider giving her a second chance.

I will add that I'm not really a fan of "chick" as a descriptor for women.

New Threads

Top Bottom