• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ah, the elusive friend...

Welcome.
Yeah, I don't look forward to dealing with the system. That's a big deterrent for me in seeking a diagnosis.
Our county-based services are miserable at handling ASDs. Resources like Affiliate Network - Autism Society are better at staging informative events* and connecting to competent providers.

Even if you avoid "the system," you would do well to connect with the latter in order to better manage your own autism and that of your child.

I am an Aspie parent of Aspie, autie & NT children. Most parenting strategies are for NT parents of NT children. (They are certainly valid but not always effective.) We need parenting mentors who speak Aspie. And we need to understand what is the most effective approach to take with our Aspie & autie children.

*Also, if you make it out to those events, you might find your elusive friend... ;)

Last edited:
Welcome StableSable! Or can I say welcome, when I’m newer than you are?

I’ve experienced the same things with other moms, whether it be school related or any kind of mom event. I can only take so much, if anything at all. When I see them all gathered in their circles, there’s no way in, so why bother… I’d have nothing to say anyway. I really don’t have any interest in what they talk about. I mean, a couple of examples, who cares about poopy diapers and what way you are supposed to hang the bathroom tissue roll. I don’t understand why they think it is so engaging!?! I have called some my friends in the past, but I don’t think they fit that category anymore. I don’t miss them anymore either, ever, but I do wish it could be different. Why can’t I meet more people like me, and be in that right place at the right time to do so?

Buzzerfly, I still have disturbing nightmares of being back in highschool, too. Argh. It’s only been 31 years since I finished grade 12. When will it ever stop is what I used to ask. I think my visual memory works against me in this way.

New Threads

Top Bottom