• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Advice to stop having sensory overload on beach

jane_doe

I live right next to beach, its practically on my doorstep. Up until recently I have loved going to the beach its so much fun. But over the last few weeks I keep getting sensory over load on the beach.it been the worst today. The sand gets everywhere, the salt makes my hands dry, and the sea is so loud. I could just stop going but I would miss it. Any advice for the beach

Ps. I'm fine now snuggled up with my dog and glass of ice
20230530_161019.jpg

20230530_160654.jpg

You could go early morning or late evening when the sand and sea is less forceful and buy good hand cream that you like.

For sound overload, you could try noise cancelling ear buds, listen to your tunes while you enjoy the beach. If noise cancelling ear buds are not affordable, then regular ear buds work as well to block out sounds. Be sure to get the right fit with the various ear buds tips.

im not sure what you mean about the sand and the sea, but hand cream is a good idea
I think what may have been meant, is the sea is rougher at times between low and high tide. At high and low tide, the water is not moving as much. So that would be a better time to go if the waves are overloading.

I think what may have been meant, is the sea is rougher at times between low and high tide. At high and low tide, the water is not moving as much. So that would be a better time to go if the waves are overloading.
Yeah, that’s what I mean. :)

sadly the beach is completly submerged at high tide but going at low tide is a good idea

New Threads

Top Bottom