• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Adult Trans Woman Diagnosed with Autism Navigating the Full Evaluation Process

Hi my name is Morgan and I've been neuro atypical since I can remember. I always knew something was different about me and felt it was because something was wrong with me. I didn't know what to do to about it to get better besides trying to cover up what was different about me.

Teachers and administrators in my special ed and private Christian school as well as my narcissistic father suspected I had autism, but that there was nothing that could be done to address its needs and treat them. I went on for years without receiving any resources for developing in an atypical way, setting back my personal and social development, especially being transgender with autism. I felt i had to get away and imagine myself living a different life as a woman, since I was not capable enough in my own skin to live the life I wanted.

I went undiagnosed until I was 30 when I received a general diagnosis but am looking at options for a more detailed evaluation for everything that went unrecognized when I was a child. That way I can go on and live my fullest life without wondering what else I was missing that I could've known growing. I have newfound purpose in getting treatment for my autism and learning to be open with how I function atypically with autism.

As long as I can give back to my mental health, all the seemingly insurmountable problems with how I can't function typically and how I always will be different than others don't feel nearly as important at all anymore.

If anyone else has anything they want to share about their experiences gettimg evaluated please share! Also I could use some advice about how to go about it as an adult in order to know for sure what is best for me.

1685491495837.png

Hello and welcome to the forum! I hope you're able to find answers to all your questions and enjoy your time on here!

Welcome!

Are you currently working or in school by any chance? The reason I ask is because large employers (and some smaller ones) and post-secondary institution's student unions often provide some level of coverage for psychological services, including testing, and so that might be a good place to start to minimize out of pocket expenses.

Welcome to the forums. I hope you can find the answers you are looking for here. For me it has been a great source of information. And I have gotten to know myself a lot better since joining.

Hello and welcome! Glad you have found us. Let us know if you need any help finding your way around the forum.

New Threads

Top Bottom