• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A-Z Foods with images

paella

paella.JPG

Dock (a weed in many yards that is both edible and medicinal)

The leaves are cooked like greens

iu

The root can be boiled or roasted

iu

The seeds can be ground into flour

iu

The whole plant, especially the root, can be used to treat liver disease.

@Yeshuasdaughter oh that widespread and easily harvested Dock :)
Ok, I'll go with Echinacea. It can be made into tea, so counts as food. And I have in my yard :) Just small patch but it will spread, in 3rd year.
Will edit with photo of mine, but for speed?
Capture.PNG

@Yeshuasdaughter oh that widespread and easily harvested Dock :)
Ok, I'll go with Echinacea. It can be made into tea, so counts as food. And I have in my yard :) Just small patch but it will spread, in 3rd year.
Will edit with photo of mine, but for speed?
View attachment 105188
You can take the root after the flowers die back. Gently pull the plant out using a garden fork. The root wil be a massive ball with lots of rhizomes sticking out at all angles. Cut off half of the root rhyzomes, and replant it. It won't kill the plant.

Make sure to keep the above ground parts of the plant intact as much as possible, while you are harvesting.

Fireweed

iu

The flowers make the most fragrant teas and jellys:

iu

The leaves are quite tasty, and can be stir fried

iu

Although it's not a cure in itself, the whole plant can be used medicinally in the treatment of prostate cancer, to reduce inflammation, shrink tumors, and reduce pain.

New Threads

Top Bottom