• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A support worker confused me

Aspergers_Aspie

I said to a support worker when the autism drop in opens again if they had funding they could get CCTV, he said service users wouldn't like being on camera and that they have to tolerate it where there are cameras, I'm confused as some service users have been to clubs and bars which surprise me as generally I thought aspies don't like them especially clubs. They have CCTV, restaurants, cafes, museums cinemas all have cameras and some service users have been to those places. I guess it was the support worker's personal opinion and not the opinion of the autism charity.

I don't like how people are clumped into the term "service users". I suspect the CCTV issue is related to money. Has the charity given autistic people who use the drop-in a vote?

Maybe CCTV could be good here. Aspies are used to CCTV other places they go. (I'm against all facial recognition).
Since 2010 I am aware of four occasions where a personal belonging has went missing and the main door was unlocked and no receptionist during drop-ins and I have heard a few people say anyone could enter the building.

I saw a petition in a public library for CCTV in an underground tunnel, I agree that CCTV should be in them and in underpasses.
A friend who works in a convieance store told me he chased after a shop lifter, I don't agree with this, (and shops and the city have CCTV) as the shop lifter could have pulled out a weapon. I think all shops petrol stations and banks should have bullet proof screens.

New Threads

Top Bottom