• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A Most Random Truth!

You know, although I'm a small fan of batman, I'd have to say the appealing characters in most batman stories seem to be the villains, more so than batman himself. I've never really picked up a comic book, but judging by the movies, this seems to be the case.
I agree with you. I'm pretty obsessed with Batman myself but I've only recently started to warm up to Batman/Bruce. I think the most interesting character is Harley Quinn.

I agree with you. I'm pretty obsessed with Batman myself but I've only recently started to warm up to Batman/Bruce. I think the most interesting character is Harley Quinn.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The most recent movies do put batman himself in a better light, that's much more relatable, but like everyone else, I actually found the Joker, and Bane much more interesting. Even cat woman was more interesting as a character.

I think it's because, while batman is an idealist, those villains are too (even if corrupt in their judgements). The thing they have over batman, is that they are more interested in exploring their ideals, and are quite confident in their abilities, where as batman spends most of his time looking back on the past, brooding, and he makes his mission seem like more of a chore, rather than a cause, which can make him seem less interesting.

Okay, first I'm going to apologize for steering the thread farther off topic.

Secondly, Bruce is only a Mary Sue if written improperly. I think most people tend to conflate the term Mary Sue with a general dismissal of Batman's prowess as a superhero because he has billions of dollars at his disposal and a genius-level IQ. He has money, yes, but if he could have his parents back, he would give it all up, I'm sure. If he were a Mary Sue he'd be a perfect mentor, perfect friend, perfect lover, and perfect father/father figure. He is none of these things.

He doesn't always win, either. I recall seeing a recent Batman comic in the bookstore on my last trip there. I still have to read it myself, but the premise is this: After the death of a little girl which he failed to prevent, Batman begins to worry that he isn't strong enough to help the citizens of Gotham. So he starts taking Venom. (I'm not sure how to feel about that, but I still have to read this comic, after all.)

But yes, many people find themselves drawn to Batman's foes, and for good reason, before they learn to appreciate the Bat himself. In many ways they are reflections of him. Harley Quinn is a favorite of mine too, if my avatar hasn't made it obvious. She's still so underrated and dismissed by a lot of fans, and that makes me sad. :(

The thing they have over batman, is that they are more interested in exploring their ideals, and are quite confident in their abilities, where as batman spends most of his time looking back on the past, brooding, and he makes his mission seem like more of a chore, rather than a cause, which can make him seem less interesting.
This only happens when he's not handled properly. He'll always be haunted by the murders of his parents, but in the best Batman stories (in my opinion) he goes out there and does what he has to even on his worst days. He knows he can't afford to spend his life brooding. If he did he'd be just some reclusive billionaire and not Batman. And Wayne Industries would tank.

All right. Back to the game. (If anyone wants to talk Batman with me at length, just send me a message. :))

Chicken pot pie is delicious.

German research found that a man's orgasm lasted for 12.4 seconds - in a lifetime that adds up to 9 hours and 18 seconds of sexual ecstasy. Phew!

1hr, 24mins female orgasm

The same research shows that women really do get a rougher, er, ride than men. The female orgasm lasts 1.7 seconds - that tots up to under an hour and a half overall.

I once had rotten egg in my mouth for an entire week.

Ugh... I suppose I should probably give the back story for this one.

A few years back I had surgery to have some teeth removed. As part of the recovery process I was told to only eat soft foods, so I figured since egg sandwiches are soft I could eat one of those. Only problem was, some of the egg got stuck underneath the stitches, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it out of there! It was literally the worst thing I have ever tasted, and this is coming from someone with sensory issues with taste.

Oh, and as an added fact, one of the teeth the dentist removed (in addition to four wisdom teeth) was a mutant. I mean, it looked like elephant man, but as a tooth. It was at least twice as big as most teeth as well.

Many cats don't like t their backs rubbed all the way down to their tail. But will put up with it...while giving off signals "back off!" -from Readers Digest

Many cats don't like t their backs rubbed all the way down to their tail. But will put up with it...while giving off signals "back off!" -from Readers Digest
Dunno about other cats, but our cat insists on being pat that way.

Had cats my whole life. Noticed a few get distressed [body language] when someone does it too much. Some will actually try to bite. It's in this months Readers Digest at the shopping Center {"Things our Pets won't tell us."}

Dunno about other cats, but our cat insists on being pat that way.

Had cats my whole life. Noticed a few get distressed [body language] when someone does it too much. Some will actually try to bite. It's in this months Readers Digest at the shopping Center {"Things our Pets won't tell us."}
Yeah, not arguing other cats like it, but our cat will actually walk forwards, so that his tail will follow through and catch on your hand, as you rub down his back. He insists on it. In saying that, he's always been an abnormal cat, and likes many things that other cats don't; like being cradled like a baby.

I've had cats like that too. I think most? are like that. But I did notice some body language on a few implicating they were annoyed. Wasn't till I read that article that I started thinking...yeah! The last cat I had was so affectionate till he got older.
Then if I petted him too much down the back, he would signal "enough" by gently biting me. Next time you are on the shopping line, check out that article!!! :)

Your cat is putting his scent on you saying "I own you mommy!" ;) Most cats I've had would let me cradle them for awhile. I think cats know which humans really love them and feel more comfortable with them? Orange cats are said to be more affectionate though I don't know. You got lucky and have a special cat!

Yeah, not arguing other cats like it, but our cat will actually walk forwards, so that his tail will follow through and catch on your hand, as you rub down his back. He insists on it. In saying that, he's always been an abnormal cat, and likes many things that other cats don't; like being cradled like a baby.

Oxygen which is necessary for life ultimately kills you. Creating energy by oxidizing carbon compounds creates free radicals, which is how harmful radiation destroys cells in our bodies. The body has systems to deal with these free radicals to a point. When we age, the free radical production overwhelms our faltering protection mechanisms and we eventually succumb to the destruction of our cells. This is why we can't survive on pure oxygen, it would soon damage our lungs. Therefore, we are quite fortunate that our atmosphere is only approximately 1/5th oxygen.

Since last week, I've been eating peanuts for breakfast and lunch, with a litre of carbonated water. Mmmmm

Random statement of truth.

This is a hard concept for me to grasp but I'll try...
I loved this quote this morning?
'Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget about your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.'

Does that count?

I LOVE cats, chipmunks and Squirrels...especially the red obnoxious ones! :D Nature touches my heart and soul.

I sooooooooooo love peanuts. Especially the roasted ones salted in the shell. :)
Ever had boiled peanuts? You can find them in Hawaii and South Carolina and probably other places or just make them yourself. They are squishy and yummy!

New Threads

Top Bottom