• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A lifetime of confusion.

Schism

It's My Birthday!
Hi. Just joined up today. I've spent a lifetime of confusion until a recent diagnosis. I've always been on the outside looking in on the world, seeing but not feeling (or being) able to participate. Over the years, I have learnt some of the social niceties people perform, learnt to mimic them, but not always appropriate. I am well aware I am simply 'going through the motions'. Acting. I guess I am HF as I have lived my life independently. Too independently perhaps. I don't know what to expect here but from what I have read, I am nodding along with it all. I really hope I don't mess this new forum relationship up! It seems to be a lifetime's habit!
So Hi, here I am. Part of an online community..

Welcome! I'm sure many of us have felt you have, myself included... Like we never quite fit in and had to adopt and learn things just so that we'd be accepted... sometimes with limited success even when we've tried our hardest.
I didn't really know what to expect when I joined the forum, but I've learned a lot! There is no set way to be on the spectrum, we all have different abilities and strengths. So I hope you join in! :)

Its like being Bozo the clown and everyone laughs at you but you are not trying to be funny. But then you get on a bus (our site) and find that it is full of Bozos.

article_landing_bozo_13722.png

Last edited:
Welcome!

I can certainly relate to being on the outside looking in. And to messing stuff up a lot, for that matter.

Hi Schism and welcome. I'm sure you'll be fine here because you're amongst those who share the same problems. We ALL do things or have done things that would mess up a new relationship, but there's understanding of that here. This is the first group of people I have been able to feel a part of.

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am glad to have found a seat on the 'Bozo Bus'. Not all my emoticons seems to work here & I am figuring out the site still, so I will just have to say you all made my day better ☺, thanks.

As my name suggests i too am like that. And if you enjoy it. Its alright. Trying to kee p that from affecting you. While driving or at work is a challenge.

New Threads

Top Bottom