• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

a fun test about face recognition abilities

I did way better than I thought! :O I was guessing with majority of the last section.

On the UNSW Face Memory Test you scored 23 out of 40.

On the UNSW Face Sorting Test you scored 50 out of 80.

Your overall score on the UNSW Face Test was 61%.

Despite only having a tabet I did get through the first section where you attempt to recognize the faces you studied. Looking at the faces I thought, oh this is easy! But when they show you the faces you are supposed to recognize I was shocked how hard it was. I really didn't recognize anyone!

But I couldn't complete the test because in the next section where you sort left or right my tablet did nothing.

On the facial expression test I got 42/100.

That's a pretty good indicator of why I have some communication problems.

On the UNSW Face Memory Test you scored 24 out of 40.

On the UNSW Face Sorting Test you scored 11 out of 80.

Your overall score on the UNSW Face Test was 29%.

Not a great test for me.
Which really wasn't a surprise.
The images were weak at best, often with poor lighting.
My type of memory processes my internal images in a different manner, so this test was lost on me.

*Gets in a huff because others did worse than I did.*

;)
I view this test on about the same level as posting the aspie score results on a profile.

What does it prove in the end, that one person's aspieness shows that they are more aspie than another?

I wasn't aware that it was a contest :p

I got 57%, which is way better than I thought I would get.

But if answering randomly gets you 50%, then 57% isn't that great.

I'm surprised I did so well. 68% but I felt like I was guessing most of the time and just went by my first impulses without thinking about them.

Here's one that works on mobile. It's for recognizing emotions on other people's faces. I totally flunked. I got 67%.

I recognized happiness, sadness, and fear 100% of the time, but others like anger, surprise, or contempt, I had trouble with. I often thought the person was happy.

Facial Expression Test Quiz - ProProfs Quiz

This is an interesting one too. I only got 50%. I guess I can't tell the difference between fear and surprise at all. Nor can I tell the difference between disgust and contempt (that's kind of a "splitting hairs" one in my opinion).

Not even Superman can get 100% on this I think. And the quality of many of the pictures really could have been a little better.

I think that's the point of the experiment, honestly. I have my Bachelor's in psychology, and there were many tests and experiments that have been created to sort of... trip you up on purpose. Could be for a multitude of reasons.

So far you and Nightintodreams and Neonatal RRT are winning at faces I think. :) 68% and 69% and 70%

I've found that my long term memory for remembering faces is bad. Unless I interact with a new person I've met in a very memorable way I have a hard time remembering people.

New Threads

Top Bottom