• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A Financial Aid Question for teachers in the USA

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
My daughter is an undergrad Elementary Education Major.

We are looking for grants, scholarships, loans, and loan forgiveness for Education majors.

Thus far we've found one grant that gives 4000 extra dollars per year, if the student works 4 years as a teacher, post graduation. And also a student loan forgiveness program, that eliminates most of your loans, in exchange for teaching public school for 5 years.

She wants to get her master's in library science, and become a youth librarian, but she's willing to teach for a few years, post bacchelorate, in order to get the extra financial aid.

Does anyone in the education field, or who majored in education, know of any extra loans, scholarships, or grants that are geared specifically toward education undergrads?

We are super duper low income, and could use all the advice you have to give!

Not a teacher, but my wife is a youth librarian and runs a whole level of the building. She got the job with a bachelor's in English, beating out candidates with master's's'. She makes $38K/yr if you're curious - the same she would get paid with a master's.

We have several friends that became teachers - high school, elementary - and IIRC they say full loan forgiveness takes twenty years. Which is stupid because it'd be almost paid off by then. But, like grants, these things can be regional or even local.

I think being a librarian at a school counts as a teacher.

Do you still have the "go fund me" website? Please remind folks about it again.

I don't know what student loan forgiveness programs exist, but a friend of mine back in the 1970s taught elementary education for several years on the Navajo Nation reservation in a western state in exchange for her loans being forgiven. Sometimes such programs are available to motivate teachers to relocate to impoverished areas. Check it out!

New Threads

Top Bottom