• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

a delux house in the city - or a cabin in the woods?

what do you prefer

• trailer home in the woods

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • fancy house in the city

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

alien girl

i'd take a trailer home in the woods anytime. dont want a fancy car or fancy house. i want nature. dont want 35th floor in a skyscraper overlooking the river. i want nature and an occasional deer and beaver and raccoons.

Woods. Every time I go camping, though I don't use a trailer, I use a tent, I'm always at pace. Since I'm building a business, I'm hoping next year I can do some of my business while camping since most camp grounds I used have a data connection.

I´d take the city over the cabin, provided the appartment is soundproof enough.

I rather live in a big city that has stuff going on, on a daily basis. That, and I find an appeal in neon signs... and even more when they reflect on wet streets.

Never been the outdoorsy type, nor does nature really have any appeal to me.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I prefer a big city and would be happy living in a townhouse. However, I have my cats to think about. Therefore, I would prefer a modest home on the outskirts of a big city. Easy driving distance to whatever might be of interest in the city (or good public transport), but far enough away to have a yard that could accommodate a very large cat enclosure. I'm fond of the suburbs anyway. Not really a country girl or a woodsy girl. I'm an ocean girl, and San Francisco would be the big city I'd want to be closest to.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I prefer a big city and would be happy living in a townhouse. However, I have my cats to think about. Therefore, I would prefer a modest home on the outskirts of a big city. Easy driving distance to whatever might be of interest in the city (or good public transport), but far enough away to have a yard that could accommodate a very large cat enclosure. I'm fond of the suburbs anyway. Not really a country girl or a woodsy girl. I'm an ocean girl, and San Francisco would be the big city I'd want to be closest to.
Maybe I can change your mind? You still have your ocean, mountains, a place you can still get your cats food and more. This picture was taken on my Birthday last year.

IMG_0619-Edit.jpg

That's very pretty. Is that in Nova Scotia?
Yes. It when I went camping at Cape Breton Island last year. I got a view of a lake, mountains and ocean. The best camping spot I had in my life. The added bonus was a 7 day trip with no rain. It also a beautiful drive through the mountains.

My vote is "none of the above" because I don't want anything that could be called a "yard".

Born, raised, and hopefully will die in the country. =)

I've lived briefly in the city. Didn't work out. Stuck in this tiny little box all day long with nary a tree in sight and only tiny little patches of grass in sad little squares. I was very depressed and miserable. I was glad to leave and get back to dirt and rocks and trees and fresh air.

I´d take the city over the cabin, provided the appartment is soundproof enough.

I rather live in a big city that has stuff going on, on a daily basis. That, and I find an appeal in neon signs... and even more when they reflect on wet streets.

Never been the outdoorsy type, nor does nature really have any appeal to me.
i also like neon light, especially on street after rain. aspies like blinking lights. i could walk for miles every day when i was young.

we aspies love water, and cats. i have one too. but she goes out and brings stuff from the garbage.

I'd like a house in a small town nearby a huge metropolis. Assistance is secured, resources are close and it's not as crowded as in the big city.

I live in a low populated, high mountain, high desert state. Here, outdoor recreation rules. From my house I can drive in any direction for an hour and be where there is no body else. If I'm going north, a couple more hours and I'm in a wilderness area. No roads, no towns, no motorized vehicles. I love it, so for me it's the cabin in the woods. The more remote, the better.

Cabin in the woods! I couldn't stand living in a city, yuck. I want to live surrounded by nature, and I love hiking in the mountains so it would have to be hilly at the very least. I'm also a proponent of the down-sizing/ tiny house movement, so I intend to live in as small a home as will accommodate my need to skip backwards and forwards across the room regularly without banging into things.

I dream of a cabin in the woods. I grew up near the woods and currently reside in a small tourist town, so it is busy but all the nature feels fake and planned out. My goal is to the cabin in the woods but close enough to a big city so will not become a complete hermit and get deliveries and work outside of my home, I long to return to the ancestral home of my native ancestors and relatives.

A place in the woods, with enough concrete to bunker it against a nuclear attack, a fiber line internet connection, and a 20 year supply of food and water on hand.

New Threads

Top Bottom