• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

50 first dates

Kayla55

50 First Dates is a 2004 American romantic comedy drama film directed by Peter Segaland starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore with Rob Schneider, Sean Astin, Lusia Strus, Blake Clark, and Dan Aykroyd in supporting roles. It follows the story of Henry, a womanizing marine veterinarian who falls for an art teacher named Lucy. When he discovers she has amnesia, and forgets him when she falls asleep, he resolves to win her over again each new day.

There are few glitches for me with this movie being actually meaningful.... First is that it's hard to believe people call wanting a blond girlfriend love and not lust, so really it detracts from the whole story. So given two lovebirds who appear to be in genuine love I still find this 'fictitious illness' to be unrelated leave making whole movie just another useless swab!!

The fictitious memory impairment suffered by Barrymore's character, "Goldfield's Syndrome", is similar to short-term memory loss and anterograde amnesia.

So if it wasn't stupid like this blond forgets who she is every morning and it portrayed more life like subtle approach to memory loss then I could relate.
Sadly this is my problem with Hollywood is confuse idea so much that no one gets point about what movie was realistically supposed to be.

Thumbs up to idea
Thumbs down to bad implementation

It's an Adam Sandler movie so it's just a fun comedy I think, if we start overthinking it, it ruins the movie. :) But what you said about it being hard to believe people call wanting a blond girlfriend love and not lust, that's a little odd. I think he wanted her because he fell for her, not just because she happend to be blond. There are a lot of blond people here up north and they are loved by their partners. My first girlfriend was as blond as you can get and I cared a lot about her.

Some of us are naturally blonde. You seem to resent that. We were born this way. Our personalities and who we are, are not dependent on our hair color.

Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore are a good romantic comedy duo (50 First Dates, Blended, The Wedding Singer). Like most of Adam Sandler's comedies, they are intended to be silly. So check your brains in at the door, sit back and have a few laughs.

Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore are a good romantic comedy duo (50 First Dates, Blended, The Wedding Singer). Like most of Adam Sandler's comedies, they are intended to be silly. So check your brains in at the door, sit back and have a few laughs.

Best to not overthink it. :)

iu

Some of us are naturally blonde. You seem to resent that. We were born this way. Our personalities and who we are, are not dependent on our hair color.
My wife is a natural blonde dyed her hair many times over the Years most of the time I do not even notice. I'm a natural blonde myself, now a natural white hair.

New Threads

Top Bottom