• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

14 Year Old Son With Aspergers

I wasn’t exactly aggressive but I did openly rebel against my stepmom but I actually had a good reason to do so. She was enforcing all of these unfair rules meant only for me but her daughter was allowed to do anything that she wanted to do which I knew was extremely unfair and I wasn’t going to put up with it. I mean how is it fair that I get yelled at for watching more than one lousy hour of tv within an exact 24 time period but my stepsister was allowed to watch six hours every Saturday and Sunday? I saw her do this and I know for a fact that she hardly moved from the couch during that time. And I got yelled at for “making a mess” in the microwave cooking bacon even though I covered it with a paper towel and told that I couldn’t make bacon that way but my stepsister could and she never used a paper towel. I was one of those Asperger’s kids that would basically do whatever anyone told me to do and thought that I had to follow the rules at all times but when my stepmom started to make up extremely unfair rules that I was supposed to follow but my stepsister didn’t, something inside me snapped and I had enough of the world constantly mistreating me just because I was different. I was being severely bullied in school and no one listened to me when I complained. At home I was clearly being the victim of favoritism and no one really tried to stop my stepmom and show her exactly how unfair she was towards me other than my sister. The day I saw my stepsister watching tv the entire day and not getting scolded even a little for being so lazy when I would have been screamed at if I did the same was when I started to refuse to listen to my stepmom because I knew how unfair she was and I wasn’t going to let her try to control me and force me to be someone that really wasn’t me. I was tired of feeling like I had to be this emotionless robot that did what I was told without any choice. I hated the haircut that she forced me to get for a year and a half. And I hated not being allowed to freely enjoy the things that I did enjoy and made me feel happy inside. I just wanted to be myself and not be told that it was wrong for me to be myself.
Thanks for your reply. My son certainly does have a strong sense of injustice if he perceives hibiscus being unfairly orbl unfavourably treated compared to his brothers. I think he had taken a lot of heat in the past due to his behaviour so now I jave started to make surenif his brother wind him up they are pulled up about it (in front of my aspy son) so that he can see its not all about him.

Having Raised a couple, of son's to adulthood myself, it sounds more like hormones than the being on the spectrum. Neither of my son's is on the spectrum. the younger one had a bit of a learning
disability, which fortunately, me being on the spectrum, I was able to chart an unorthodox, path for him to complete his education without screwing up his life. I could see hormones and autism spectrum disorder causing some real confounding issues. We avoided giving our son medication, just a clear path to success, with a trust, me I know what I am doing, I have your back, just follow my instructions.

Last edited:
hi i am just being nice have you thought about changing his diet thare is a book called tracking down hidden food allergy and and thare is a company called vibranz that makes a somthing called love you put some of in on your forehead and your son forhead and the all of the sudden you feel better i have bean taking love for a abut 2 years allready i think the love makes me feel better i hoped i helped you i want you and you kids to have a verry verry happy day

New Threads

Top Bottom