• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your weird and paranormal experiences

I remember when habitual thought tricked my perception. After losing a very nice cat, when I would go through the house, I would catch myself looking for her in some rooms. She was a beautiful girl, a tortie with a great personality.

I remember when habitual thought tricked my perception. After losing a very nice cat, when I would go through the house, I would catch myself looking for her in some rooms. She was a beautiful girl, a tortie with a great personality.
Do you think she visited you?

Remember, that which is not proven is not impossible, however improbable. Science can not prove or disprove after life experiences, no matter how agressive skeptics get!

Be careful what you wish for. It will change you.
That's an interesting take. Are you implying in a negative way, like a curse? I grew up with spiritual beings as part of a cultural norm. Many friends and family around me have had experiences they've talked about. My mother is very superstitious too. We grew up doing ceremonies to ward off presences that were supposedly hanging over our family giving us bad luck. Other families I know still do the same, but they seem to be more successful.

That's an interesting take. Are you implying in a negative way, like a curse?

Moreso, it can sort of change your entire outlook on existence and pretty much everything else. It can be a really heavy blow to the mind to experience this.

But also, yes, it may end up being negative in some way.

That's an interesting take. Are you implying in a negative way, like a curse? I grew up with spiritual beings as part of a cultural norm. Many friends and family around me have had experiences they've talked about. My mother is very superstitious too. We grew up doing ceremonies to ward off presences that were supposedly hanging over our family giving us bad luck. Other families I know still do the same, but they seem to be more successful.

I think @Judge was simply acknowledging that there can be down sides to things we think we want.

LOL...no, not a curse. Though such experiences may leave you wondering one particular thing that you may never learn during your earthly existence. Why YOU have witnessed such things, while others do not. Not necessarily a negative thing, but much of it depends upon how you take becoming an eye-witness to things that may basically defy everything you ever thought was an absolute truth.

Try to imagine an experience that was not only paranormal, but where you had time think about it afterwards, and realize that whatever you thought you knew about physics, time, space and particularly life and death were woefully deficient. Where one's empirical understanding of science gets tossed into a metaphysical waste paper basket.

That whether one had a belief system or none at all, it will be different from now on. Something in your life you can't take back no matter how much you may be prone to denial.

What I'm getting at is that you may handle it well, or not so well. Everyone is different. For some it may an intensely emotional experience. For others it may be an ongoing nightmare. Bearing in mind that in my own case, my initial experiences were entirely unsolicited. That such an experience will profoundly change you. When you will no longer be a mere "believer" (if you were), but rather become an eye-witness to that which should be impossible by scientific reasoning.

Last edited:
LOL...no, not a curse. Though such experiences may leave you wondering one particular thing that you may never learn during your earthly existence. Why YOU have witnessed such things, while others do not. Not necessarily a negative thing, but much of it depends upon how you take becoming an eye-witness to things that may basically defy everything you ever thought was an absolute truth.

Try to imagine an experience that was not only paranormal, but where you had time think about it afterwards, and realize that whatever you thought you knew about physics, time, space and particularly life and death were woefully deficient. Where one's empirical understanding of science gets tossed into a metaphysical waste paper basket.

That whether one had a belief system or none at all, it will be different from now on. Something in your life you can't take back no matter how much you may be prone to denial.

What I'm getting at is that you may handle it well, or not so well. Everyone is different. For some it may an intensely emotional experience. For others it may be an ongoing nightmare. Bearing in mind that in my own case, my initial experiences were entirely unsolicited. That such an experience will profoundly change you. When you will no longer be a mere "believer" (if you were), but rather become an eye-witness to that which should be impossible by scientific reasoning.

Not to mention other odd factors.

Like, I've got weird stuff that's just... ongoing, persistent. If you'd told me about it 5 years ago I would have laughed at you.

But now? Well it's just... mundane. Just part of my general existence.

Granted, in my case, I've always been used to general "weirdness" (just not of the paranormal variety). With my consistent weird dreams, and always being surrounded by increasingly strange tech (such as VR, among other things) I was sorta already primed for the paranormal type of weirdness and wasnt hit particularly hard by its appearance.

But for some people? Just the mere realization is gonna wreck them.

Now that's not to say that you cannot encounter genuine dangers... but that's no different than anything else, really. Even something like a fun hobby can have its dangerous parts, after all... it's just how the world is. So, caution is always advised.

I forget what else I was going to say.

I occasionally see shadows linger in certain windows and have seen these tiny floating balls of light floating in the air that have this glittery effect as they float in place. The glittery lights don’t appear as often as the shadows. One thing I’ve noticed when it comes to spirits/ghosts is that you can generally tell if it’s a good or bad one by how your body feels temperature wise. If you suddenly feel a comforting warm sensation in your body, it’s a good spirit while bad ones will make you feel like there this draft in the room that you are in that you can’t locate and won’t go away. If it’s a bad spirit, you can try to ignore it but you really should burn some sage like incense to drive it away. Fresh sage seems to be the most effective. The reason a lot of people don’t believe in the paranormal is that they never saw the image of a mysterious figure or have one talk to them. After that they become more sensitive to it and it’s like a light switch has been turned on. Most spirits like to leave people alone for the most part.

I think this is why I look forward to those experiences, not because it sounds fun and spooky like going to a haunted house for kicks. But because my whole life I feel like there is much much more than this earthly existence and more to the scientific truth. This is exactly why it is a special interest of mine. I don't hold to any scientific belief system where everything is black and white, truth or fiction. I'm ALL about the gray area. I know we have barely scratched the surface on what we know. I want this "truth" that so many cling to "shattered". Humans, I've pretty much figured out, and not all too impressed with some exceptions. So I don't fall into the category where I cling on to any belief system (I'm agnostic not just in religion but in everyday life so I take everything as it comes).

Anything new I meet, I meet with eventual curiosity and factor it in with what I currently know. I certainly am not wishing for a negative experience, but I do know that negativity stems from fear, and fear comes from the unknown, the unexpected, and the lack of understanding...plus a healthy dose of Hollywood. I think if one can understand that, the initial fear can turn into curiosity and wonder. Like I said before, there have been many around me that have had experiences but for them it's much like co-existing with it because they've grown up in a culture where it's the norm. It's not unexpected or belief- shattering. That's where I think people get tripped up.

Last edited:
Not to mention other odd factors.

Like, I've got weird stuff that's just... ongoing, persistent. If you'd told me about it 5 years ago I would have laughed at you.

But now? Well it's just... mundane. Just part of my general existence.

Granted, in my case, I've always been used to general "weirdness" (just not of the paranormal variety). With my consistent weird dreams, and always being surrounded by increasingly strange tech (such as VR, among other things) I was sorta already primed for the paranormal type of weirdness and wasnt hit particularly hard by its appearance.

But for some people? Just the mere realization is gonna wreck them.

Now that's not to say that you cannot encounter genuine dangers... but that's no different than anything else, really. Even something like a fun hobby can have its dangerous parts, after all... it's just how the world is. So, caution is always advised.

I forget what else I was going to say.
Yea I think that's where I differ than other people. I don't have any expectations at all. Just not one that will say I've already figured things out already so don't come at me with anything new or different. The unknown is my autistic obsession since I was maybe around 9 yrs old? I've had some weird experiences in the past but not like the very detailed, thought-provoking ones here. Mostly just things like feeling like someone sitting with me while I'm in bed, hearing footsteps at night and day and having been "touched" by something unexplainable, hearing voices, etc.

Last edited:
I think this is why I look forward to those experiences, not because it sounds fun and spooky like going to a haunted house for kicks. But because my whole life I feel like there is much much more than this earthly existence and more to the scientific truth. This is exactly why it is a special interest of mine. I don't hold to any scientific belief system where everything is black and white, truth or fiction. I'm ALL about the gray area. I know we have barely scratched the surface on what we know. I want this "truth" that so many cling to "shattered". Humans, I've pretty much figured out, and not all too impressed with some exceptions. So I don't fall into the category where I cling on to any belief system (I'm agnostic not just in religion but in everyday life so I take everything as it comes).

Anything new I meet, I meet with eventual curiosity and factor it in with what I currently know. I certainly am not wishing for a negative experience, but I do know that negativity stems from fear, and fear comes from the unknown, the unexpected, and the lack of understanding...plus a healthy dose of Hollywood. I think if one can understand that, the initial fear can turn into curiosity and wonder. Like I said before, there have been many around me that have had experiences but for them it's much like co-existing with it because they've grown up in a culture where it's the norm. It's not unexpected or belief- shattering. That's where I think people get tripped up.

Sounds hopeful. An open mind. :cool: That you'll land right-side up if you do have such an encounter. :)

I've had quite a few odd experiences.

My friends house was definitely haunted, when we were in school he'd often tell me about the doors and wardrobes constantly flying open and slamming shut. One time he was in the living room, and from the top of the stairs each door slammed one after the other...slam-slam-slam...the the living room door...slam...and finally the kitchen...SLAM, closing harder than the others. He didn't move until his mum got home that night.

I heard the odd door slam the odd time but one sleepover I was getting changed in his room while he was downstairs watching TV. I heard the door handle creaking. It was an old house and the springs on the door knobs were notably loud, but they were not capable of turning on their own. I noted how slow and methodical the handle turned...creak creak creak...then suddenly the door flies open with full force! I quickly check outside but my friend was definitely still downstairs so I called him up to guard the door while I finished changing.

In the night his wardrobe door would often slide open. It's the mirror type that slides side to side. Every time he shut it, it would just open back up again so he learnt to ignore it. Sometimes it would shut itself too. Even in his mums room, her oak wardrobe doors would open up during the night. The dogs would also often bark at the wall together, usually at the top of the stairs.

In another instance he was having a sleepover at mine. We were on the airbed in the living room chatting late at night, in the dark. I'm suddenly distracted by what sounds like a pair of children giggling on the stairs. I ignored it because it was spooky and carried on chatting, then he interrupts and asked if I heard that. I asked him to clarify what it sounded like he heard and he said two children giggling on the stairs.

We put the lamp on in the living room and I was about to go off and investigate when my friend asked if he could keep the torch as he felt the lamp would go out on him. I was dismissive and insisted the light couldn't just go out, it's plugged into the wall. Sure enough, within a few seconds of me leaving the room the light begins to dim, it doesn't just go out, but fades in and out before fully fading out.

I hear him calling me back in a panic, while trying to be quite enough to not disturb those sleeping upstairs (parents, older siblings). As I enter the room the light comes back on, and when I check it out I find the plug had nearly been fully pulled out of the wall. This is a bit odd as that socket was particularly stiff and required a fair bit of force to pull it out. I thump it back in to the socket and then we try to fall asleep as fast as possible. By morning the plug was in the same position as it was the night before, just about ready to drop out. I thumped it back in and checked it regularly after, it had never done that before or since, and was tricky to pull out when I did need to unplug it.

The final weird experience was when I was going to meet this same friend at the bus stop in town to go to college. I sat down on the bus looking at my phone, then look up and see this large white floating ball of light. I regret not trying to photograph it and didn't want to ask the guy sitting next to me if he could see it incase he couldn't. It was about 5 seats down and near enough the size of a basketball. I remember noting the swishy white stuff swirling inside of it, how it's moving along with the bus and how other people didn't seem to be looking at it. After about a minute of it hovering there, it seemed to move down and disappear, like moving through an invisible barrier.

I finally got to my bus stop and didn't have a chance to say a word before my friend looked at me with a stunned expression and said "I just saw an orb float past your face". He said he saw a few of them on the way up (little ones) and it was only then I told him about the one on the bus. When I got home I also saw one (about the size of a golf ball) float through the living room, through the glass doors and into the dining room before vanishing.

Oh there was another one too. I remember not too long after my dad died, I was getting ready for school, brushing my teeth and contemplating what plaque was so I was distracted in idle thought, when I suddenly heard my dads voice: "Catherine, hurry up, you're going to be late for school". It was absolutely crystal clear, not at all distorted, and sounded like he was at the bottom of the stairs shouting up. I immediately ran down and asked my mum if she heard it. She didn't. I often also smelt his scent around the house (Rennie's and tobacco). Funny thing is I don't even believe in ghosts, and laugh at the ghost hunter type programmes.

I also remember when I was walking though the warehouse were I worked at night. It was a small team on the Sundays, about 7 of us in the whole building and they were all in the canteen on break. As I walk through the warehouse alone I hear my name whispered "Catherine". I assumed initially it was one of my colleagues hiding somewhere playing a prank, but no, they were all already in the canteen. Made me think, did the ghost already know my name or were they reading my name badge? :p

It was a weird experience. My biggest one to date was the LA riots. I was obsessed with reading about the earlier LA riots. At some point l knew l had to leave LA because something big would happen. I only knew it wasn't weather related and it wasn't a earthquake. But l had nothing else to go off of. Right before the riots started, l told my girlfriend, for some reason l was very worried about riots. The word riots keeps coming up in my thought process. I was on the East Coast when l told her this. The next day, the horrible riots started in Los Angeles. When they started looting and burning down store fronts. And my girlfriend remembers me mentioning it the nite before. It's like l knew almost a year in advance. Yes, it scares me. I don't need to know. Then we had riots everywhere. I truly believe we all have this type of awareness. Not just me. I usually get one word that just seems to sit in my mental awareness.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom