• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your methods for chilling out and relaxing? Is this the most relaxing song ever?

I watch my aquarium for awhile, not paying attention to specific species or anything and just watch the colors go by, talk/text friends, or simply play with my cats

I lose myself in games. Has to be the right one though. Elite Dangerous is very peaceful spaceship simulation that works really well to reset me after a day of anxiety. Viscera Cleanup Detail is another really peaceful game as long as you don't mind playing a janitor who cleans up alien corpses lol.
Whenever possible I have a single ear bud in, I regulate my emotional state with music as often as possible. Multiple playlists or albums for various tasks and moods.

I used to play video games to relax, but then family started saying I was obsessed and addicted to them so that hobby got cut, now I watch anime,which family loves to gripe about(mainly because I watch it via the internet so internet costs are a concern which I get) and read books, can you guess what happened? "why do you buy so many books?!??" >___> so now I have all my books in a pile on my bookshelf waiting for the next complaint then I'm going to make some smores outside. xD I wonder if I started collecting rocks if they would be ok with that

Waves crashing on the shore, babbling streams, showers and waterfalls all create negative ions which are great for relaxation (the stimulate alpha wave production in the brain). You do get a benefit from listening to such sounds also, but minus the physical benefit in the negative ions.

My relaxation method of choice is having a Japanese bath: scrub down first, then slowly (over five minutes, bit by bit) get into a deep bath filled with HOT water. Sit with water up to my neck, and deep breathe. With each inhalation I visualise reaching through my limbs to pull all my stress (black vapour) into my chest, and with each exhalation I visualise breathing out the black clouds and watching them float away from me. I progress through every part of my body, ending with my head. It works a treat for me. Used to be my daily ritual when I lived in Tokyo.

I don't have a bathtub any more. But I still do the visualisation when I'm really stressed.

Having indoor plants is excellent for stress reduction. Maidenhair, Boston fern, spider plants are all great for cleaning the air in your home.

In my room with the door and drapes closed, air purifier on "low", rain app playing softly, drink a glass of cool water with lemon - and going under the covers of my bed. Cosmophylla thank you for reminding of house plants' soothing and purifying effect; I am going to buy a few of those if I can find them.

I think the most relaxed I can get is by taking a hike somewhere on a nice day , bushwack a little so I'm away from any trail and possible human encounters, then find a good place to lie down and nap. Not really feasible day-to-day, but always effective. I have a very wide range of what I consider a nice day, just need to be properly dressed, so I have done this in rain, snow, heat, cold.

One of my best experiences with this was coming across a large downed tree across a small stream. I laid down in the middle, above the stream and fell asleep. It was a very deep sleep, yet I was also aware of my surroundings. Strange experience.

Most of the time, I'll just sit in a quiet, dark room and meditate.

I feel calmed just reading everyone's responses and thinking about mine.

New Threads

Top Bottom