• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your favourite videogame soundtracks

I'm facepalming over not adding this sooner. Guild Wars was the first MMORPG I fell in love with, and the soundtrack still takes me back to the first time I explored that universe. *sigh* I wish I could experience some games for the first time over and over again.

Being that these are just about the only sorts of things I listen to (not into "normal" music) I have too many to count. My favorite lately has been Undertale, but that's all over the freaking place so there's no need for me to link it here.

Instead, some others. The first one has a specific name but I just call it "It's Over". 5 seconds of seeing that fight (AKA, the single hardest boss ever made) explains why. All the others are less ridiculous.

I dont really play JRPGs these days... entire bloody genre has gone totally downhill as far as I'm concerned... but I used to, thus Nocturne and FF being in there. The Dark King is probably the most memorable one for me though. That guy just... kept... transforming. Every time you thought he was beaten, he'd transform again. "THIS ISNT EVEN MY FINAL FORM!!!!" applied to this guy really well. Started out normal, then had a zillion arms, then was a spider, then was like a demonic spider-squid for some reason... Makes me think of Frieza in DBZ, who did the same thing, except less absurd.

My favorite soundtracks are from Kingdom Hearts I & II, Shadow of the Colossus, Jet Set Radio Future, FFVII, Skyrim, Sword & Sworcery LP, Undertale, and Portal 1 & 2. Some of my other favorites are...

And there's the album of the Greatest Video Game Music, which covers some awesome tracks.

@zeroninja, I forgot about Link's Awakening. Loved that game! I used to play it all the time on my Game Boy Color. I even had one of those attachable Game Boy lights so I could play it at night. Ah, the memories. :)

Here are my favorite Kingdom Heart's themes. I wanted to add these last time.

I'm currently fighting my way through Bloodborne, which has fantastic music, particularly the boss fights. These two are my favourites so far:

I'm facepalming over not adding this sooner. Guild Wars was the first MMORPG I fell in love with, and the soundtrack still takes me back to the first time I explored that universe. *sigh* I wish I could experience some games for the first time over and over again.

Getting to the desert the first time and hearing this really got it into my head how beautiful that game is, both in visuals and sound.

So beautiful! Still is, in its own way. I have to play it every now and then to experience that feeling of wonder again.

Oooh, too many to count. I like music from

Super Mario 3D World (especially Champion's Road)
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest
Any Guitar Hero game
Spyro games (soundtrack courtesy of the Police's Stuart Copeland)
Portal 1 (I know there is only one song(?), but "Still Alive" is definitely worth mentioning)
Mega Man 2

Just to name a few...

It's so hard to choose there's a lot of good video game music out there! But off the top of my head these are a few of my favorite video game songs!

Dizzy Prince of the Yolk Folk on the Spectrum, classic music, also one of the first games I ever cleared without cheating.

Slightly Magic on the Spectrum, also one of the games I cleared without cheating, brilliant music.

Dizzy Down the Rapids on the Spectrum.

Steg the Slug on the Spectrum, 30 years later I can still remember the password to level 3.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom