• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You have my hello, fellow citizens!

Owls12

Bonjour
I'm 16 years old and I was officially diagnosed with Aspeger's Syndrome at the age of 7.

I think I created this account a while back in late March, and despite the website saying "Don't be shy, just say Hi!", I kinda hesitated to do so and it took me a long time to finally post something here. I realise this is a very friendly community with friendly aspies here which is why I created the account in the first place. I have a really weird fear of being rejected and sometimes paranoia that I'm unwanted. I often feel tension and a little nervous when in conversations and I'm hoping it won't be the same when in a conversation with another aspie. If I'm honest, I don't think I've met or known another aspie very well in my area. I always have this big social anxiety on my shoulders each time too and I often start to mentally panic at times. I wouldn't normally feel comfortable discussing some of this in the open but I'm assuming some or most people here can relate to this or understand without thinking I'm weird. Upon writing this, I hope I don't come across as uncomfortable or off-putting or anything like that.

If you want to know a little more about me, I'm a very introverted person and I've always had an obsession with astronomy, Mandrill Baboons, Owls etc. I am quite the artist, mostly a cartoonist sort of, but I can handle realistic sketches really well at some circumstances. Whenever I have the mental stamina, I sometimes draw cartoon comics solely for leisure and the humour for that is quite random and unpredictable. In terms of conversations again, expressing myself can be quite a very difficult task, particularly in text.

I also play video games like every person on the face of the Earth (except for old people). My favourite franchises are Pikmin and LittleBigPlanet. Anyone else played them?

So yeah, I hope I'll feel a lot more comfortable and used to this forum eventually. :) I almost see this place as home for aspies (and other types of autism too) :D I'm kinda paranoid I didn't introduce myself very well but its the best I could do.

BTW, like my profile picture?

Welcome to AC, Orb! I do hope that you find we are a friendly and supportive bunch.

Wanna talk astronomy? I think there are a couple of threads devoted to it, or you can start your own. I'm an astronomy/physics geek myself, ever since I can remember. :)

Hello, Owl!
I have similar fears of being rejected, I do want to be the "one in charge", but am afraid to be "the one in charge" (if that makes any sense). :)

Welcome :)

I feel that most Aspies here seem less anxious when speaking on here. Perhaps we simply want to be accepted and understood, and find it easier to do so amongst so many other Aspies. I hope you feel right at home here, and are comfortable to be yourself.

Hello, Owl!
I have similar fears of being rejected, I do want to be the "one in charge", but am afraid to be "the one in charge" (if that makes any sense). :)

It makes plenty of sense. I too want to be in charge but if I'm in charge and I can't control the situation I have a melt down. I don't like others being in control but when they are I have zero meltdown because I know everything will be ok and I put trust in there decisions. Does that make any sense??? :confused:

I wasn't expecting so many replies! I can definitely relate to what you said there salmongirl17. I feel very grateful and happy for the amount of replies and people who are interested in my thread, I feel too nervous however that I don't know how to react appropriately. It also takes me a very long time to make up a response like this one. Sorry if I seem ignorant or anything. I will still value and appreciate all of your replies :D And as you can tell, I like to joke around a lot in a random way. I actually smiled a lot while reading your responses. :D

If I can be honest, I thought my thread was actually going to be completely ignored. :( I don't mean to offend anyone, it usually happens to me a lot IRL.

Speaking of Astronomy, I heard there are over 60 or 600 habitable planets in our galaxy. I also tend to have space-ish backgrounds and pictures of planets which provide an atmosphere as my desktop wallpaper. Here's a good example:

Outer-Space-17300829

And yes, my avatar is the finest of all mankind. That fellow you see in that little blue box you can see at the left has a name: it is infact Doctor Martin Specy. He is a religious figure and we should all worship him!

Now, you're probably thinking: why on God's Earth should I worship such a nerdy, suspicious-looking Chicken?
That is a very, very, merry easy question to answer. These are the things he didn't do:

• Abolish slavery worldwide
  • Feed the poor and homeless
  • Assassinate Osama Bin Laden
  • Stop Adolf Hitler from doing naughty acts
  • Contribute to World Peace
  • Made Gay Marriage or Sexuality Equality a reality worldwide
  • Made the World a happier place
Now these are things that he has done:
  • Invented the toilet
  • Nothing
So you may ask, "why should I worship some slack you found on the road"- JUST DO IT DAGNAMBITNAMBDAMNIT

Hi owl, and welcome,
First let me say, despite your fear of posting, that was an excellent introduction. Communicating in this manner is far less intimidating and something that helps connect us all. In fact we want you here so much, that the forum wont let you close your account. If you read some of the threads, you'll find, your fears are our fears.
Cheers
Turk

It makes plenty of sense. I too want to be in charge but if I'm in charge and I can't control the situation I have a melt down. I don't like others being in control but when they are I have zero meltdown because I know everything will be ok and I put trust in there decisions. Does that make any sense??? :confused:
Yes

Hi. I know what you mean about being hesitant to post to forums. It sucks when social anxiety makes it difficult to even participate in online discussions, but congratulations on doing it anyway. I just kind of did the same thing myself today.

Also, I went through a LittleBigPlanet obsession in my last year of high school. I don't play it anymore, but it was fun.

Thank you, you too :)
I was completely obsessed with LittleBigPlanet at ages 11-14. I remember when over 25,000 players would all play LittleBigPlanet 2 all at the same time back when it was a new thing, 2 thirds of my PSN friend list would be addicted to it too. The player count now can barely get past a thousand. I remember building tons of machinery and contraptions using logic and it was so much fun, one of them was a claw-grab machine you would see in an arcade.

OORC, make yourself welcome here; I'm new, also, and was randomly searching posts, whence upon I encountered yours.
Astronomy ? I suppose you will be eagerly anticipating the Lyrids peak on Monday? Technically, they started last night, but ZHR is so low even @ peak, that it's not worth viewing until Monday. Though I don't know how much I shall discern, in the smog infested town known as (Shang)Guildford.
You seem relatively interesting; and you like primatology!
An aspie after my own heart! I mean brain! AIR HUG WITHOUT ACTUAL BODILY CONTACT!

New Threads

Top Bottom