• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You are a spiritual warrior

The world is far from working well, many people are suffering, each in their own way. I can't imagine being in another's shoes. It can be difficult being in my own.
Sorry it is difficult in your shoes, I have high hopes for you, I can see you are making progress since you joined this forum.
That is a powerful belief. Now, the first part is something positive, because if it is true, it means you are capable of living a spiritual life. The second part is the kicker. The negative component that not only covers the first part but makes it impossible to do anything with it. You say it as if it is true. And so it is true. Bu only because you say it is.
I think you are acting in a spiritual way. You are doing EXACTLY what the first part of your sentence says you are, but the second negative part stops you from seeing that so something is always missing.
I said the second part because I feel I wasted my gifts and talents and these would have equipped me with the skills to not even have the kind of problems I have today, instead, the challenges I would have would be how to help humanity, how to leave a world a better place, "positive challenges" by that I mean, "How can I help the poor" whereas my challenges seem like negative ones "how can I correct the errors I have made", the positive challenges are challenging but they are about helping others, the negative ones are self orientated.
This and others like it are why it doesn't change. Do you see this?
I need to figure out hoe to change a negative tangible problem into a positive one without resources I need to do so, its good I have identified this need, I just wish I knew if or how I can.
So whenever I read you say something with that intense negative belief attached to it, you are punishing yourself by keeping yourself as the negative person when you are most definitely the spiritual one and always were.
I need to connect the spiritual me with the head facing upwards to the negative material me who feels bogged down by tangible things that other people are either unable or unwilling to help me with.

why does your brain start to shut down when someone reveals details as I do?
I may have answered this in the last post.

It's a protection mechanism. To take on board someone else's issues, especially those as complicated as yours, when you are someone who can reveal the detail in such a way that were there not a protection it would overwhelm me. I cannot be sucked into your world. I will never understand it like you do. In my current state, I am not yet strong enough to say things like I did to that woman in Israel. If I was, there would be no need for a protection mechanism. Or it's just another way to say my brain is wired differently. But then that is why we are here on this forum.

I said the second part because I feel I wasted my gifts and talents and these would have equipped me with the skills to not even have the kind of problems I have today, instead, the challenges I would have would be how to help humanity, how to leave a world a better place, "positive challenges" by that I mean, "How can I help the poor" whereas my challenges seem like negative ones "how can I correct the errors I have made", the positive challenges are challenging but they are about helping others, the negative ones are self orientated.
I hear you.
My first thought was...you missed the point of the paragraph you quoted. But you haven't, you've just revealed again another version of the same belief because you don't see it the way I do. You refer to the past all the time. The past is a heavy weight to carry. Your belief comes out of punishing yourself for making mistakes, and stops you from being in the state that can see the solution. But if I see that. And I tell you. Does it make you stop and think? Or does the belief just quickly tell me why it has to stay just as it is?

I also know the feeling of not getting help from people who don't get it or don't want to get it. I think it is because they recognise your detail will pull them down. You reveal it all in one go, or as much as you can or are willing to say. It feels desperate so it pushes them away.

Last edited:
There may be a way. From something you told me when you first told me things about your situation. For that, you will need to Signal.

wasted my gifts and talents and these would have equipped me with the skills to not even have the kind of problems I have today
That statement reveals you have skills and talents. What are they? Name them here, so that they feel realer than the negative part of that sentence which is your habitual put down.
"How can I help the poor" whereas my challenges seem like negative ones "how can I correct the errors I have made", the positive challenges are challenging but they are about helping others, the negative ones are self orientated
You are helping others. You can always help the poor. Right now. This minute.
You don't have to correct the errors that you made, only understand and learn from them. Forgive yourself for making them, not beat yourself up because you did.
One solution will be on Signal.

And for some reason i really notice that frequency in your words. I notice the bit you have decided you must always say and in the same way which is a belief you are simply unaware of.

So I will show it to you because I see it, and because you need to know as it will help.
And when I see another I will tell you.
We can't change what we can't see.
Once you see, then it can change.
By frequency do you mean "negative vibration.
Yes I do need to know the belief that I am unaware of.
I am glad you will tell me of beliefs that I am unaware of, like a light shining on things I need to see.
What is the belief that I am unaware of.

I don't think so. They are just desperate they can't help impose their need to be saved and cannot help pulling the helper down because what else can they do but take whatever is offered and more? It would need someone who has plenty of support, so they are protected from being pulled down. Or someone who knows how to distance themselves, and who is distanced by the buffer of the space that communicating like this brings.

As you know, when it seems too much for me, when I feel that overload occurring, I have to shut down, switch off, and can. I know when it is time to stop thinking about it, or saying things that are missing the mark. If the connection is a good one then the right words come out. The right replies come from them. And we get somewhere.
Thanks for saying the they are not a lost cause.
They are so needy they do not believe the rescuer can save them from drowning.
I know my problems are heavy, but I do not want them to drag others down, especially insightful wise people like yourself.
I have/had an online friend who I just found out is in trouble, I wanted to help them, I and another online friend tried to rally the online group to help this person in dire straits. After further reading from group members who know the person more, it turns out the person needing the help has done some pretty nasty things to others, manipulated them.
I have to be careful, I had a lucky escape, I think the person needing help was starting to groom me, glad I read other group members info - lucky escape.
My case is a bit different, I'm not perfect but it sounds like this person has been a bit of a bully to other group members.

That statement reveals you have skills and talents. What are they? Name them here, so that they feel realer than the negative part of that sentence which is your habitual put down.

You are helping others. You can always help the poor. Right now. This minute.
You don't have to correct the errors that you made, only understand and learn from them. Forgive yourself for making them, not beat yourself up because you did.
One solution will be on Signal.
Sorry this is a long one.
I learnt to read when I think before I was two.
We were lucky in the sixties we had the silver age of comics, flawed superheroes, so children could emulate them and see how these heroes navigated their successes and failures and even get role models from them.
I have synaesthesia, I see what I hear, I see what I feel etc. I saw a speech bubble that reminded me of how my bottom felt when it hit the floor, I fell down a lot.
As well as calling me "The baby" my Dad criticised me for falling down all of the time.
I allowed my sensitivity to go from intuitiveness to hyper-emotionality and got really upset about these silly names.
My hyper emotionality was the thing that made me turn away from that speech bubble and the burgeoning reader in me vanished.
Comics are known to help autistic people learn cognitive empathy and so are graphic novels.
It breaks my heart to see the beautiful illustrations in the books I missed as a child.
Readers say that reading books as adults is not the same as when you are a child as your brain is developing.

My mum thought I was gifted, I may have said she mentioned I planned my dreams.
My Dad may well have had ASPD or NPD and he did not like to be outshone by a precocious toddler, whereas my mum marvelled at it.
I learnt to read before my sisters.
Reading can help autistics by increasing empathy.
I could have read to my sisters and taught them empathy.
Many will not believe in numerology but Pythagoras discovered that all numbers carry different energetic vibrations and my numerology chart shows highly psychic and intuitive potentialities in more than just my life path number 11 a master number.
My Dad was dangerous, we had to tiptoe around him, lest he explode with rage.
Had I of continued reading my intuition would have developed and my mum would have trusted innocent little me, warning her of the danger over him. She hesitated to marry him on her wedding day, she was pregnant and may have been under pressure from her catholic parents.
These parents could have rescued us. The reading would have made me resilient to withstand further traumas and be stronger for them and I would not be posting about wrong choices today.

Dad would have been out of our lives, as I would have foreseen the future, intuition is all over my numerology chart, and I would have warned her about the decades of misery and living in fear to come. Some toddlers are highly intuitive and can tell the future.

Her sister also married an abuser, but he left and she remarried.
This is the past but I feel the need to mention it as it is my talents.
Art also, but I grew up wanting to be good at sport, I was ashamed of my poor co-ordination. I wanted to be like my mediocre peers.
Had I of read literary fiction and comics I would have realised that its ok to be different, my Dad called me a weirdo which I got really upset about.
I mention being called "Baby" at the time there were comic strips most probably in our house as my bothers read them, with superhero babies - how ironic.

My goal in life was to avoid "being hit" by my Dad, I used to wet myself. I had no goals, I used peers as role models, got bullied and humiliated by them.
Teachers despaired of me.

Art-I liked it at school but school didn't teach us fundamental skills. It wasn't until I met a man called X in my late twenties who was excellent at art and introduced me to spirituality.
Before I met him I felt the "faulty" one in the family, as I thought six other family members can't be wrong.
I told him that I annoyed my mum, she said I deliberately annoyed her.
X taught me that my parents "lost it" that I was not the one at fault. They had no patience.
I wanted to be like him so I joined an art evening class where the fundamentals of art were taught and this is where my talent came out, my work was held up as exemplary.

I have always loved colour. I can paint and draw photo realistically. I was a psychedelic child, or I was meant to be, I wanted to have my ears pierced at 4 I am now 54, I always had a liking for gypsies, colour, etc, but it was latent, hidden.
I was meant to be a hippy child, the diametrically opposite of my Dad.

As for singing, I did not know I could sing until I was using an illicit drug that gave me false confidence and someone commented that I had perfect pitch.
A couple of bosses commented on it previously in work but I was too tied up with sexual harassment and workplace bullying.
Anyway, ever since more and more people have said I have a talent for singing. I have to be in a happy mood to sing though.

New Threads

Top Bottom