• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Xbox Live Labels Autistic Boy "Cheater"

IContainMultitudes

V.I.P Member
http://games.slashdot.org/story/11/01/27/0425212/Xbox-Live-Labels-Autistic-Boy-Cheater
"Jennifer Zdenek, the mother of an 11-year-old boy who lives with autism, is outraged at Microsoft Xbox Live for labeling her son a 'cheater' and taking away everything he's earned online. She says her son, Julias Jackson, is so good at playing X-Box games, Xbox LIVE thought he cheated. She says her son got online last week to play Xbox LIVE and saw that he was labeled a cheater and had zero achievements. Microsoft continues to ignore her requests to take 'cheater' off of his account."

You'd think they'd have to have proper evidence before accusing anybody! Suppose it might better prepare him for life as an adult, though. Especially any social life, where anybody can make any accusations at all & make out you're unreasonable for asking for an explanation of them

In PvP on halo 3, said kid has a kill per death ratio of 0.84 over 1014 games.

I don't know how much you guys play computer games, but I play quite a lot and I can confirm that's a pretty shocking ratio. He's not "Amazingly Good", from his stats he's clearly below average.

Also there are plenty of achievement hunters who have been far more prolific than him who haven't been banned. Not only did he cheat, but he clearly also lied to his mother about his cheating, "No mother! I didn't cheat! They are wrong!"

This kid would of cheated no matter what they say he is a cheater. The kid is trying to use his autism to get away with it. They need evidence before a reset would happen so this person is not telling the truth and just cant face that cheaters get banned. Take cheater off his account? they dont put the word cheater on anyone's account. Maybe its someone who hacked his account if that is on his account? and as I see a later update stated he did cheat. This is terrible that kids try and use their autism to get away with things it angers me.

This is one of many reasons I don't play on-line, too many idiots who get beat and that start bitching about cheaters etc, and some people do indeed cheat, especially against people on slower Internet connections, they use the fact that the other player's game might lag a bit to gain advantage while playing.

New Threads

Top Bottom