• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Writing a new ARG (Alternate Reality Game) as a long term writing exercise

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
For the unfamiliar: ARG is the abbreviation for "Alternate Reality Game" which is essentially an internet game that uses real life as a platform for running the game, and real, physical clues (or at least, those seen on images from forum threads and message boards for example) are sent out in a effort to allow players from all walks of life to try to collaborate and piece together the solution; it's kind of like a big giant mystery that people work together to solve on the internet.

Remember Vague Silence? Don't worry, Oliver is still out there somewhere, he's just gone silent for a while but the Search WILL Continue soon.

However, this new ARG I've started is going to take on a more unique formula; rather than having a pre-written story with a linear objective, this ARG will build itself as I continue its puppeteering. I've often found that writing everything first and THEN executing it just creates more writer's block than it's supposed to. With this method, things might start out clunky, but I won't put a clue up until it's polished. Though there is no set story yet, here's what I have so far:

Something is amiss in the streets. A young man hanging out with his mother and friends one night is ambushed by a stranger with a kind face but a devil's work order; he is kidnapped and thrown into isolation by an unknown assailant. Right now he only is armed with his phone, which thankfully still has service, and his wits. Being able to reach out to his friends is a nice pick-me-up... But how long will that last?

Stay tuned, Agents.

New Threads

Top Bottom