• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Would I be able to get a loan towards a new PC from my Bank?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Given that I'm on government benefits? For a good Windows PC that would run development and graphically intense software, I'd need between £500-1000 on a long term loan.

I know all about Google, so please don't just say use Google.

my Bank is Yorkshire Bank.

Unless somebody here works for that particular bank
in the lending department it seems unlikely anyone will
have concrete knowledge.

Have to agree with the others. Your only real option is to directly contact your bank. Too many variables to consider.

Seriously, if I were in such a situation I'd look to your family for consideration of a personal loan. ;)

Small loans with very high interest rates tend to require conventional forms of collateral in lieu of any credit check. A steady job, or proof of ownership of a car or home. But that's indicative of the US. Can't honestly say if such terms apply in the UK as I suspect they have greater regulatory concerns when it comes to legitimate, yet predatory lending.

Does the UK have any "rent to own" retailers with very liberal credit policies? Another thing to investigate if they exist there.

Last edited:
Since you are on benefits it will probably be really unlikely they will give you a loan (I'm not 100% sure I am correct though)

I have a feeling it maybe unlikely because they will want to make sure you can pay a certain amount back each time and they make you pay back more than what you lent

If you really are stuck for cash maybe you can ask for an overdraft on your account instead of having a loan?

Don't know if the bank would give you a loan for a computer. @tree seems to have some good links there, I'd check those out.

New Threads

Top Bottom