• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Words For Wisdom

When I was younger (like primary school age, so up to 10/11) they would absolutely give you nitrous at your normal everyday dentists!
Wow, really? I wish dentists had been that lenient over here. I never got anything more than local, even when I was a little kid.

Wow, really? I wish dentists had been that lenient over here. I never got anything more than local, even when I was a little kid.

Can't comment about Europe, but on this side of the pond it somewhat impacts dental malpractice fees, which may explain the broad pricing for nitrus oxide.

Guys, this is how Mom said it will go down:

First, I'm getting the gas mask. And THEN, they'll spray something on my arm and put an IV thing in. The idea of a thing like a needle in my arm is...Frightening, to say the least. Does numbing spray work good? Is there even numbing spray?

Guys, this is how Mom said it will go down:

First, I'm getting the gas mask. And THEN, they'll spray something on my arm and put an IV thing in. The idea of a thing like a needle in my arm is...Frightening, to say the least. Does numbing spray work good? Is there even numbing spray?

Yes, there is numbing spray and yes it works. To be honest though, getting an IV isn't painful anyway. I've had quite a few, and have had blood taken on many occasions, and it's not even really uncomfortable. You'll build it up to be far worse than it will ever be in your mind, but honestly it's nothing :)

I can understand the fear, I used to have a terrible phobia of needles.

EDIT: Also, having the gas beforehand will help!

They put me under to remove all 4 of mine, but then after i had such horrible pain I couldn't even eat yogurt without popping a couple of Loritabs, then when I went back to get a refill on my measly 10 pill supply, they called me a junkie and turned me away. I had blood in my saliva for at least a week.

Breathing it through your ears probably isn't recommended.

They will coach you, at the time of your appointment.

I've only had anesthetic when I got fixed, personally I loved it, lol, I had the best most vivid dreams, they woke me up and I was just like, "no, more sleep" they let me sleep some more.

How did yours go?

I only ever had two wisdom teeth, genetic thing, I still have one baby tooth too, and one of my two wisdom teeth, the other was crooked and bothered me but my one I have I don't notice. I only wish they could use them to replace a shattered tooth I have... :/

New Threads

Top Bottom