• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wool and Wood

I am not into synthetic fibers in general. They do feel weird! As far as wool goes, I can only wear merino, because it isn't itchy. I wear merino socks year round. I make ankle socks and no show socks out of fingering weight yarn for the warmer weather when I am not wearing sandals. Wool breathes really well and isn't too hot for me most of the time, especially merino/ silk blends.

I have never tried spinning. Is it easy? I will have to look for some videos :) Do you have any recommendations?
I actually can't remember who I watches to learn with a drop spindle! I would have just searched on youtube though. Everything I learn is from youtube

Hello everyone, Firstly sorry if I'm not keeping up with replies.. I'm not good at that sometimes.
Secondly I thought I'd share an update of what I am making at college. I was so excited today I could have actually cried, it's nowhere near finished but I managed to get it to spin and it looks like it will work with a treadle as well I feel that things like this, special interests can almost make up for the daily struggles just a little bit

Attachments

• 346113454_1261279364813976_2996954071789211708_n.jpg
    346113454_1261279364813976_2996954071789211708_n.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 39

New Threads

Top Bottom