• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Windows 12 "Next Valley" To Be Released 2024?

HI @Judge

Is it still your opinion to skip Windows 11?
I have a new computer that is running Windows 10 and it now wants to update to W11, but I am not sure.

It is, though a user like myself has better options. Such as Linux Mint distributions, which I have concluded over the last two years remain superior operating systems to anything that Microsoft can dish out. However one has to have a certain degree of skills in installing them, depending on the individual PC one has.

In my case it took some real work to get everything to operate properly and optimally, as the system I built is more than twelve years old. Far past Microsoft's unreasonable eligibility requirements for Windows 11.

Frankly keeping track of all of the Windows 11 ups and downs along with so many security concerns, it makes me cringe for much of anyone forced to use it. But then personally even in the days when I used only Microsoft operating systems, I'd always hold out until the latest version was relatively free of bugs. And Windows 10 will remain supported until October 2025, so you still have time to hold out. Not to mention if you are presently satisfied with Windows 10. These days the only time I even use Windows 10 is just to update it and little else.

In essence I wouldn't upgrade until you have to, and hold out for Windows 12. Or consider another system, like Linux or Mac, or even Google. As for Windows 12, Microsoft has already announced it won't happen this year. Looks like they are bolstering Windows 11 in the meantime. Nothing like "putting lipstick on a pig".

Last edited:
If anything those of you with Windows 10 should stick with it another year before support for it ends. Windows 12 might be ready by then. I suspect Microsoft is keenly aware of huge numbers of users who are reticent go anywhere near Windows 11. But forcing them to do much of anything will just drive some elsewhere, as I did.

Mac M3 minis sure look good. A better value than a laptop or iMac. But I still prefer being able to "have everything my way" with Linux. I love customizing the interface. Something that for whatever reason Microsoft has more or less put the kabosh on when it comes to Windows 11. Less customization that even Windows 10! Ugh.

I suppose it all truly depends on that peculiar and historical pattern of Microsoft releasing the next version of Windows much like Star Trek movies. Where every other version either stinks or shines. And whether or not Microsoft itself has drifted another direction. A concern I also share about the Nvidia Corporation. Maybe Intel and AMD as well.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom