• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why I love winter landscape

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
For those who know my photography, I don't do much landscape... But I make exceptions in the winter months, especially when there is snow on the ground, I even the love the mood of winter days... Whereas I find summer landscape uninteresting at all, I even prefer the look of "naked" trees in winter to the same photos in summertime...

Anyway, one photo from today as I passed through a small town nearby Calgary, lots of snow on the ground, but a decently warm winter day...

Black Diamond 01.jpg

1668337152713.jpeg

I really love how the texture of the snow in the lower left corner mirrors that of the clouds in the upper right corner.

Beautiful shots, Sherlock77.

I love it! Thankd for the photos! I love winter and the snow!

I watch Revelstoke, BC trains during winter! This is what I watch from October till Spring. :)

Winter In The High Desert

My cousin and I went down to Washoe Lake yesterday to see what it looks like in winter. Strange openings on the ice...almost look symmetrical and man-made. Boats? Snowmobiles? Have no idea how far down the ices goes. But it doesn't look very deep at the moment, at least near the shore. Can't imagine the fools who would test the ice!

Washoe Lake2.jpg

Washoe Lake1.jpg

Washoe Lake3.jpg

Winter In The High Desert

... Can't imagine the fools who would test the ice!

Here in the frozen north most lakes are very safe to walk on in mid-winter, but then our days are much colder and the ice is very thick... Ever hear of ice racing? :)

Cars on ice... My car on the ice...
My Car 02.jpg

Lots of people drive on the ice, for when they go ice fishing as well, sadly I have no photos of ice racing though...

Ice Fishing 01.jpg

Here in the frozen north most lakes are very safe to walk on in mid-winter, but then our days are much colder and the ice is very thick... Ever hear of ice racing? :)
Canada for sure. But here a snowstorm can come and go quite quickly. I just can't imagine people safely being on the surface of Washoe Lake....but if you look closely at the markings/lines on the surface, it does look like some kind of man-made object went across it.

We also went down to the Truckee River in downtown Reno. Certainly not frozen, with a lone, brave fisherman in waders in the water.

LOL...it snowed this morning...well below freezing tonight. Icy roads tomorrow...and I need to buy groceries.

Last edited:
My brother's caught fire and exploded on the ice when he was at the middle of a lake by himself. He was about 12. I remember being on the shore with my mum and aunties who just stood there wondering what to do. My cousin jumped on his machine and went out and rescued him. Indelible memories of carting the burnt snowmobile home on our trailer, with everyone staring at us.

New Threads

Top Bottom