• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why does Sam like Paige?

SchrodingersMeerkat

trash mammal
In that Netflix show Atypical.

If I had someone telling me I couldn't talk about my special interests/obsessions like Paige does with Sam, the relationship would be OVER. I think Paige sees Sam as a "case study" but what does he see in her? Why does he let her walk allover him like that?

I knew a guy who probably had Asperger's and was willing to give up everything for me. I told him to forget it because I find people who are willing to give up everything in order to please someone else creepy.

She didn't say he couldn't talk about them. She gave him permission to talk about them, but only so many times per day. That is a compromise that helped him to not annoy others (at least that's how she put it), but still allowed him to talk about Antarctica sometimes.

I got the impression from that show that Paige's feelings for Sam are actually stronger than his are for her. She went to extraordinary lengths to include him and to make him happy, and he (inadvertently) dumped on her. I thought it was sweet, if a little unrealistic, to see how far Paige went for Sam.

I thought it was an entertaining show, and I hope they come out with more episodes.

She didn't say he couldn't talk about them. She gave him permission to talk about them, but only so many times per day. That is a compromise that helped him to not annoy others (at least that's how she put it), but still allowed him to talk about Antarctica sometimes.

In every episode I saw, whenever he brought up penguins or Antarctica, she would ask for this homemade card. Why did she care if he was "annoying" when Sam said several times SHE annoyed him. Yes, I think Paige loved him more than he loved her...but I also think she saw him as a case study. Still, why did he let her dictate when he could and couldn't talk about penguins/Antarctica?

Why didn't he just hand over the card and talk about penguins anyway? Or give her the card and tell her it was over? That's what I would do when people would tell me to stop talking about my obsessions...talk about them anyway. But then I had no interest in making friends. If you wanted to show you liked me/cared about me, you didn't tell me to stop talking about my obsessions. If there's a season two, I seriously hope he dumps Paige for a girl who isn't a thief and shares his interest in penguins and eventually they become a ornithologist power couple.

Hmm, I might try and watch this show, I mainly got Netflix for the new Star Trek but I'm obviously missing some other bits.

New Threads

Top Bottom