• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who loves their job?

EricD

I love my job at Maywood! I run the cart department & open almost every morning during the season. My boss says I'm great with our guests, and being fast helps too. If you love your job, sound off!

I think I can say I love my job. I'm a bagger at a grocery store and as far as the tasks go - bagging, putting things back, doing price checks, etc. I like it. I'm good at the tasks and can do them quickly now that I've learned the store's layout. I especially like helping customers outside because half the time they give me tips. ;) The pay at this store is better than the pay at my last store as well. I'm making double what I used to because of that and because I have more hours here. The only thing I don't like is the stress the management has given me, but a few managers have left since last year and a new, nicer one has replaced one of them, so even that aspect's better now. :)
(That being said, today's my day off and they called and asked if I could come in, but I decided not to because I already had plans. So even though I like my job I don't always want to go in. lol)

I like my job, such as it is. I deliver the local free papers, twice per week. 15.5 miles of the route is a walking route, so I get paid to ride my tricycle...!
fighting-tricycle.gif

I am very lucky because I have spent my entire working career working with my special interest. I love machines, the bigger and more complex, the better. Starting when I was 21, I have worked as a field service technician for a heavy equipment dealer. I work on batteries, battery chargers and electric vehicles (mostly electric forklifts). Being a field man, I almost always worked alone (very Aspie friendly) and loved the work I was doing. Eight years ago I retired, but I let a few of my customers talk me into working on their equipment. Now I have a small repair business and work twenty to thirty hours a week. So at seventy, I am still working and loving it. It is probably what has kept me alive this long.

I love my job... most of the time. I'm a research associate, working on ecological responses to climate change. I love the research and report writing side of it all but don't really enjoy the planning/budgeting parts. Luckily they don't take up much time!

My job allows me to take adavantage of my outgoing, friendly nature, & my raw speed. Unlike most in the ASD Nation, I can be an extrovert ( that's probably the FAS), my need for routine (x # of carts ready by x o'clock AM, flags & coolers the same), and I'm Chris' go to guy on tournament days, or any busy day. I would rather be outside, because I have the room and reason to dash around the parking lot. Besides I'm at the golf course, my natural habitat!

I love my job! I volunteer at a local aviary with over 400 birds representing around 150 different species. I also volunteer at a spay/neuter clinic. And then I was recently hired by the aviary as event staff.

I have prepared diets for our eagles, but they are not in the section I usually work in, so I haven't fed them. I have, however, fed owls, hawks, pelicans, parrots, flamingos, herons, and a lot of other birds.

I have 2 jobs. My full time job is as an outreach coordinator for a substance abuse company. It's not so much that I hate the job, but I hate my boss. So no, I do not love that job.

However, my part time job(which I'm hoping turns full time soon) is as a production associate, producer, and writer for an online streaming service. LOVE IT!

My current job is not bad, but love is a strong word. It's a nice resume builder cause I have to substitute for people in functions I wouldn't get to be in seeing as I graduated two years ago. Also it doesn't pay enough for me to be independent. Though for the circumstances, it's not bad and it might lead to something better. So I can say I'm currently sort of satisfied.

I'd love a job if I had one but I don't and I have been trying for 4 months I don't think I'm ever going to have one.

New Threads

Top Bottom