• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who Likes to Draw?

Galaxy Freeze

I love to draw, it's one of my obsessions! I love to draw dragons and mainly characters for my cartoons.

Do you like to draw or doodle? Is there anything you like to draw in specific? Is it an obsession or just something you do for fun?

I've been drawing my whole life; one of my life goals was to have my cartoon on TV (Swamp City.)
Definitely an obsession.
I draw cartoon people with huge eyes and little mouths, usually no nose...relatively girl style.

That's awesome! I'd watch it if I were on T.V.!

I like to draw big eyes on my cartoons as well, but other than that they look pretty realistic (proportional).

I like to draw for an escape but once I joined an art site it kind of ruined it since I was trying to impress.

Here's an example, this is Josephine, the only girl in the main cast of Swamp City.
View attachment 2509

Yeah, I joined Deviantart a while back and it made me feel stressed to draw, not good.

I deleted my account though, that site did not impress me one bit, lots of drama for an art site.

That's really cute! I love the eyes and the background!

I do most of my drawings on paper and then I scan them into the computer, here's one if you wanna see: (I did it a while ago, it's for my cartoon called DASH, it's an acronym.)

View attachment 2510

I am working on more drawings, I just don't seem to have that many on the computer, maybe because I'm too lazy to scan them, it's quite a hassle. I've been drawing a lot more characters with actual backgrounds behind them, I'm proud. I was just too lazy to draw backgrounds then and I left it white.

I've been drawing since about 1,5 - 2, I haven't practiced realistic drawing for quite some time, so my knowledge of human anatomy, rules and perspective got covered with thick layer of dust and what not. I might get back to it but right now I mostly do abstract art (different types of it). I might post a few works later, can't do it right now..

Last edited:
I think you both are very talented, @ HelloDizzy I've seen your page on DeviantArt, I thought it was pretty nicely done.

And I think there're quite a few people who make some sort of art works. I've seen King_Oni does it as well... I've seen some pieces NeverEnder posted....

well, I'll post a few now, some of them are photo editing, some digital drawing or however you want to call it, some of it regular drawing years 2000-2012 (those are going to be on my website):

View attachment 2513

View attachment 2514

View attachment 2515

Last edited:
I heard my name drop... :p

Erm... well, it's not really that I draw, or like to draw. I'm more the type of person that wants to create something and if that means I have to draw, so be it. But most of the time I use a lot of photo's of stuff I find online (mostly royalty free textures) an add in a few pictures of stuff I took myself (sometimes of objects I've changed around a bit physically before making photo's). So I think I'm more of of a photomanipulator in that sense. Yes, with that comes that I rather want to have and create my own sources, so I go into 3d modelling once in a while and like I mentioned earlier propbuilding.

Recently I've also delved a bit into fractal art (and further editing those raw fractals in Photoshop) as well as some miniature figure painting.

I do enjoy working on my illustrations though, but I really like it because of how it visualises what I had in mind, and not neccesarily cause I have that "OCD-ish" drive to draw per se.

Anyway, here's some work I did in the past 6 months (roughly the time since I started working on photoshop again (or did anything artsy; so figuring out photoshop and all other programs on the go as well). Might have dropped some of these in another thread here or there. They're also found in the link in my sig though.

My steampunk project

Some fractals

More! Just scanned these ones, characters for my cartoon.
We should post our drawings here regularly or something, just so we can have a place to share.
I'm always working on drawings, so I'll have more soon probably. Depends on which ones I want to upload. Only the ones I am fairly happy with, haha.
View attachment 2528
View attachment 2529

Hell yeah I like to draw yo! But no, seriously, I've been drawing my entire life. I remember drawing a horse and painting my grandmother's red truck when I was only four. I am seriously not lying when I say that even as a little kid, I was a far better artist than my dad, who can't draw to save his life. Also, observational drawing especially has always come naturally to me, to the point that as a child I wondered why most people have such trouble with it. I've gone to two art schools, that being in my Primary Education mind you. These were a Middle School called the F.A.I.R. School [Fine Arts Interdisciplinary Resource School] and the Perpich Center for Arts Education, which is an Arts High School.

I usually draw in a manga-like style, although I'm pretty versatile and am capable of drawing in whatever style I'm challenged to. Here's some of my stuff:
View attachment 2595
This is an older piece, although I did it relatively recently. It is a portrait of one of my characters, as most of my art pieces are. The character seen here is Lulu, and she is one of the first characters I ever made, although she's gone through a lot of evolution over the years. She was intended to be an OC for One Piece, and the Girlfriend of Rustrom, who is the first character I ever made, and one who I am still evolving [he was called Hisoka for the longest time, and was part Japanese and part Italian, but I eventually changed it when I realized that the concept didn't really work that well with what I wanted out of him, so I made him Indian.]

Here's a more recent piece, and one that holds a special place in my heart:
View attachment 2596
The demon you see depicted here is actually a depiction of my inner darkness, and for years, I could literally feel a mass of negative emotions inside me that I pictured as this thing. It evolved over the years, growing increasingly more menacing. Essentially, it was my attempt at drawing the most frightening monster I possibly could. What I ended up with was a four armed, winged, giant, horned demon with a spiked Stegosaurus tail topped with a spiked mace ball. It's basic form was based on a Tyrannosaurus Rex, with the two reverse S legs, long, swinging tail, and what I imagined as being leathery, reptilian skin. This is a somewhat dated pic, and my concept for this thing has changed somewhat since then. I now imagine it as being much larger, with pitch black skin adorned with bright blue or purple tribal tattoos completely covering it, and an almost mist-like black gas composing its body, kind-of like the Balrog from Lord of the Rings [who I'll note, was the other main inspiration for its form]. So, just out of curiosity, how scary do you guys think this thing looks?

Anywho, movin' on, here's a character I actually based on a real Historical Figure:
View attachment 2597
He's kind of obscure, so many of you won't have heard of him, but his name is Diogenes of Sinope. He was an obscure Greek Philosopher and one of the founders of the Cynic school of Philosophy [I don't support Cynicism, but I do like some of his other stuff]. The man was homeless, living in a pot on the street, and essentially surviving by begging, panhandling for money and food, and messing with the other philosophers and many of the local officials. There is a famous story of Alexander the Great himself approaching him and saying, "Ask for anything and I shall give it to you."

Diogenes, who was laying down at the time, lounging around as he usually did, casually replied, "I ask you to step aside. You're standing in the light."

Alexander the Great of course was the most powerful man in the world at the time, and could have easily had Diogenes killed with no one even objecting to it, and yet Diogenes was willing to essentially blow him off. It showed that the man was genuine, and had balls of steel. Remember, Alexander was known for having a God Complex and being legendary for his extreme arrogance and vanity. Still, he let Diogenes live, and walked away a bit wiser. The moral of the story was that Alexander the Great had worked hard his entire life, had everything a man could possibly dream to possess, and yet Diogenes, who had nothing, was the happier man. Anyway, this character is obviously an Arrancar Bleach OC based on him [virtually all of the Arrancars are named after historical figures, mostly architects, inventors, and scientists]

Next up, here are two similar characters, both of them young homeless girls, although I went in completely opposite directions with the two of them:
View attachment 2598
View attachment 2599
The first one, the long haired girl, is named Kichi, and was created as an attempt by me to challenge myself by creating a character completely opposite to my personality [I use these characters in Online Forum RPs]. She was created for the Manga and Anime series Needless, and I gave her the power of Intangibility. Now, looking at her picture, I realize it was a bit minimalist on the body, but remember, these are essentially character templates, and I use them mostly for developing purposes, and will usually create them with the full knowledge that I'm going to just replace the design I just made soon after.

The second character is one who is far more developed, farther along in that process, and that shows in the detail I put into her. Her name is obviously Marcella Gruelle, who is actually named after a real person, and also based on a famous toy that is connected to her. Marcella Gruelle was the daughter of the creator of the famous Raggedy Ann doll, author Johnny Gruelle. The real Marcella Gruelle became famous for dying when she was 13 due to a smallpox vaccine that she was forcibly given in school. Since then, she, and the Raggedy Ann dolls, have become symbols of the anti-vaccination movement [again, like with Diogenes of Sinope's founding of the Cynic Philosophical school, I don't support the Anti-Vaccination movement, I just used the character].

Marcella was intended to be the main character of a Pokemon Fan-Fiction I plan to write that tells the story of her life as a homeless person, how she got that way, and the adventures she goes on with her friends. For the most part though, it will be an extremely graphic commentary on modern societal failings, as Marcella gets the nickname "Rag Doll" because she got raped on a regular basis by her parents as a child, and as a defense mechanism, would retreat mentally into her mind, so that her body went completely limp, essentially turning her into a living rag doll. Eventually she kills her parents, Theodore "Teddy" Gruelle, who is the Castelia City Police Chief, and her mother, Barbara "Barbie" Gruelle. She lives in an abandoned Warehouse where Castelia City's homeless essentially made a shanty town where they all help each other and form a tight knit community. Throughout the fix, they fight a gang, the local police, and even a corporation. The fix ends where most begin, with Marcella starting her pokemon journey like most trainers do. Feel free to tell me what you think of that concept anybody.

And then, here's a character I've been trying to develop for quite a while now, and am still not quite done working out:
View attachment 2601
View attachment 2600
This character here is Imre, who is an Ogre I originally conceived for a LARP group I'm a part of. I wanted him to be a warrior who specialized in axes, an idea I got from Gimli of the Lord of the Rings series. The second picture seen there is my design for a Great Axe he could possibly use. Essentially I wanted it to be extremely functional, meaning it would have to be as effective as possible as a weapon, while at the same time, looking incredibly cool. So I was essentially straddling those two things when I designed it. I got a lot of inspiration for the design from Gimli's axes, as well as some other work I've seen. Then, back to Imre, when I designed him, I was very conscious of trying to differentiate between him being an Ogre as opposed to a Troll. The terms are sometimes used interchangeably, but I've always thought of Ogres as being bigger, smarter, and stronger, while Trolls, although smaller, are far more numerous, and are also more predatory and vicious, in addition to being faster, more nimble, and in general the more intimidating of the two.

And saving the best for last, here's my most recent work of actual Observational Drawing. This was drawn with one of my teachers serving as a model, and so the woman you see here is a real person. I kind of rushed it because she wasn't that used to this kind of stuff, I was limited on time, and because I didn't want to make her sit still for too long, but it took me roughly 20 minutes to do this:
View attachment 2602

So guys, after seeing all this stuff, what do you guys think of my work? I realize that all of them are in black and white and that they're all portraits, except for the ax design. I have other stuff, but for now, I think this is good.

I love drawing and art.

Here's my deviantart accounts <3

blimey.deviantart.com
psyduck.deviantart.com

I like photography better, but here's a few drawings and photos I did earlier.

Here's one of an Aisha on neopets. I felt like drawing my feelings into a Neopet and I'm happy so..

2cnhvkk.jpg

And here's some photography I've done. The first one of my sister's turtle Mr.T and the second of a cute waterfall pond at a minigolf course.

ruoe89.jpg

3ddz.jpg

Hope you like them :)

Cool photos, and I like your Neopet! I love Neopets! That third photo is quite fascinating... I can't stop looking at it!

It looks magical doesn't it? :3 Thanks!

Yes my neopet. I keep banning my neopets accounts for luls. I made a board on there yesterday and said "watch me self freeze some of my accounts. lolol

You're welcome!

Haha, wow. I've had a few accounts in the past that got frozen mysteriously, but I recently made a new one and it's going well. I'm not letting myself get addicted to it though.

You're welcome!

Haha, wow. I've had a few accounts in the past that got frozen mysteriously, but I recently made a new one and it's going well. I'm not letting myself get addicted to it though.

My username there is "Becky". I'm not addicted to it.. Much XD

New Threads

Top Bottom