• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who likes swimming

Yeah I like water. I like to swim or float around in those big blue things in the picture. Sometimes in the winter too, ice swimming.

m2Ff3deGBgLmcbPvbPycswqpNts8VwALVhYkyfRRLFzA.jpg BA66472.jpg

Last edited:
I forget how much I love to swim. It’s so fun and relaxing to do. Next year, I want to go swimming in the summer.

There's something that most Aspies like, swimming. I do love my swimming and I like being in water and I am a very good swimmer. I usually use local pools, at the age of 38, my pool has a hydro-therapy warm water pool that ban children under age of 16 unless accomplished by a legal guardian.

How many like swimming and like swimming in pools?

Some Aspies do have discomfort like they want to wear goggles since they're sensitive to amount of chlorine used in the pools and even the salt+sand can effect the eyes of the Aspie.

Through my enjoyment of swimming, the most unusual discomfort I have with pools is swimwear. The management at the pool let me swim in my full length tracksuit pants instead of conventional swimwear, I feel more comfortable in my trackpants instead of shorts. Most Aspies do like swimming in t-shirts I gather.

Are there any Aspies who like water, swimming? What water or swimming discomforts to do you have?
I like or I think maybe hate swimming depending on the day.
I do not like chlorine much, it stings my face and eyes.
I have never been able to float on the back but I used to do freestyle along the edge.
And I went to the wave pool once and loved it. Sometimes though I used to complain no end when we went on school swimming days.
It depends whether I felt in the mood.
And I was always afraid of deep water, currants and the ocean. Sharks too in the ocean particularly great whites and the currant how it pulls you and can make you dizzy.
And currants in the sea can be strong and dangerous
And I love going to the beach, sitting on the sand, walking along the edge with feet in water, doing all the beach stuff but sometimes I feel sea sick with the currant goes over your feet, that feeling can literally make me feel nauseous but so beautiful as well all the froth and how it just runs in and out over your feet.

When I was a kid I loved to swim. I can't remember not being able to swim. But I rarely get to go swimming now and I don't enjoy it it like I used to, just like I don't enjoy everything else anymore as an adult.

This is what I enjoy the most about swimming, going in with my clothes on since I love the feel of being in the water with my full tracksuit on. It seems like that I don't like the conventional swimwear.

This is me wearing one of my favourite tracksuits in the pool.

Keep in mind mind proper swim wear is a recent invention, modesty is/was important for many cultures. I'd be happy to swim in my birthday suit if it was legal.
I have always loved the water, and like many, I loved to swim or just hangout underwater. But I never liked the feeling of clothing dragging me down in the water. Once tried skinny dipping, there was no going back. As a preteen and teen, I was able to find the out of the way locations where I could swim naturally. I have continued that practice throughout life. All told, I would estimate maybe 1 to 2 percent of my swimming time has been in swimwear.

I was not aware that attraction to water was a common autistic thing. That didn't show up in my deep-dive research on autism after my diagnosis.

New Threads

Top Bottom