• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who also think it isn't fit to work?

DanPaladin

Aspie and nerd, greatest combination.
I seems like I have a problem with every kind of work:

- Distracted by everything.
- Poor communication skills (includes average english).
- Unsteady hands for manual work.
- Too weak for any labor work, and this includes some born deformities.
- Can't cope with pressure, every little problem makes me heat up and confuse.
- Too slow on retaining any kind of information.

I'm really trying to change and get a job, but on every interview I start to heat up and shake until the words get mixed and I can't speak properly anymore.

Someone have some advice to help me?
What someone like me can do? :disappointed:

I'm really trying to change and get a job, but on every interview I start to heat up and shake until the words get mixed and I can't speak properly anymore.

What are you so interested in that you'd be really really sad if you didn't do it because that will probably override the anxiety

Lately I have been having a lot of problems with employment as well. The prevailing advice I get is to just get right up and keep trying. Eventually we will find a place that both fits and appreciates us.

I hope you consider talking to professional employment recruiters who could give you some direction and even set up interviews for you. They can advocate on your behalf. Don't sell yourself short, but acknowledge the realities standing in your way. Being nervous and awkward at an interview is normal for many people. Focus on what you "can" do - uncovering any skills you have that facilitate employment. Go back into your youth to review actions and activities where you demonstrated abilities; school fund raising, event planning, domestic repair and construction, bi-lingual skills, reorganizing a tool shed or basement, composing and designing notices, researching info for a school project, etc. Demonstrating that you possess skills for smaller projects highlight the applicability of those same skills across different work environments.

Job hunting is a nightmare, so find someone who can guide and assist you. Practice your interview skills. Be prepared with answers to the most common questions. These questions can be found on-line. You'll have more confidence at an interview because you know yourself well. With some luck, you will find a very capable and understanding employment recruiter. Always have faith.

I feel like I suggest drugs way too often, but I had a few of those problems and Adderall helps immensely with them!

Thanks for the replies.

I'm already with a job provider for disability employment. What I can say is that at least it looks like they're trying to help, but the providers here are terrible.

I will try all the suggestions given here, but I would try to do drugs only as my last option, they doesn't have good side effects on me.

I've had problems all my life getting anything other then voluntary work.

I applied for a job in the Post Office yesterday, sorting Letters and Parcels but I know for a fact that even if I get an interview I won't get the job, they'll see I have a disability.

And don't bleat about all the "equal opportunities" crap, they just say that because they legally have to, they do NOT mean it.

New Threads

Top Bottom