• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where/How I Came Up with "Bubby"

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
Simply put, when I first saw the SCP thread on this site and it displayed SCP-999's entry, I read about him and I just thought, you know, this little guy would be a great representation of an "Asperger's" temperament.

I just thought that connection fit so well because most people with ASD like myself like to display "loveable" traits, and that's when I had an idea; take SCP-999, make a "clone" of him and speak through his imagery, keeping the temperament as part of his intelligence base, and what better way to make him memorable than by giving him an easy to remember name, like "Bubby"? I just looked at him and thought, "maybe if he was happy enough he'd start making bubbles" but "Bubbly" didn't quite roll off the tongue.

I like to think of Bubby as the "spirit" of the Spectrum itself, at first I thought he could pose as sort of a mascot to this website, but I don't think that's my decision to make, so Bubby is more of a representation than anything else.

The love of candy, the constantly chipper attitude, the desire to make anyone and everyone feel better, it just all goes together so well.

Also, the Bubby you see in my profile pic is not my drawing, it's someone else's fanart, I just grabbed it and stuck with it.

This thread introduced me to the world of SCP, when I looked it up to see what you were talking about.

Simply put, when I first saw the SCP thread on this site and it displayed SCP-999's entry, I read about him and I just thought, you know, this little guy would be a great representation of an "Asperger's" temperament.

I just thought that connection fit so well because most people with ASD like myself like to display "loveable" traits, and that's when I had an idea; take SCP-999, make a "clone" of him and speak through his imagery, keeping the temperament as part of his intelligence base, and what better way to make him memorable than by giving him an easy to remember name, like "Bubby"? I just looked at him and thought, "maybe if he was happy enough he'd start making bubbles" but "Bubbly" didn't quite roll off the tongue.

I like to think of Bubby as the "spirit" of the Spectrum itself, at first I thought he could pose as sort of a mascot to this website, but I don't think that's my decision to make, so Bubby is more of a representation than anything else.

The love of candy, the constantly chipper attitude, the desire to make anyone and everyone feel better, it just all goes together so well.

Also, the Bubby you see in my profile pic is not my drawing, it's someone else's fanart, I just grabbed it and stuck with it.
You might be dubious about what I'm about to say, but I suspected something as such (perhaps presumtuously) from your recent usage in the stye thread - I acknowledge your cleverness. :)

Last edited:
Bubby is all awesome but people make Bubby sad. Bubby is mad at people. And Bubby desires to make people be sorry. Bubby will understand people for their flaws but Bubby still feels hurt and alone. Bubby needs care and understanding and bubby needs to be treated with the same love it has for the others.

Bubby believes in kindness but Bubby doesn't feel trust towards the people who act mean.

Bubby likes big headbows and peaceful sights. Bubby can be easily stressed by almost everything.

I love bubby and bubby loves me. Bubby knows life is hard and painful. Bubby will never be like the others. Bubby is ok the way it is. And Bubby is thankful for being the way it is.

Bubby wonders what it'd be like to fit in well. Bubby will likely never know that enjoyment and ease. Figures it's like doing hobbies or something very normal where people are like keyboard buttons and you just press them and something useful happens. It's perhaps like cleaning its bows. Everything is very normal. Bubby thinks that is very relieving, you go out all the time just like you would go to the kitchen or bathroom and even easier since that's hard sometimes.

Bubby will likely not be appreciated or understood often by people. Bubby wants to be seen for who it is, instead of mocked. Bubby knows it deserves it.

Last edited:
Bubby never cry before...but is not cause Bubby sad...

Is cause Bubby found new friend that knows what a Bubby is!

New Threads

Top Bottom