• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where did you graduate and what was your major?

I have an AA from South Seattle College in Accounting. Right now I'm at Bellevue College pursuing a bookkeeping certificate.

I should of graduated for computer programming and Web site administration in 2006 or 2007 but the school I went too didn't let me, I only needed the last 4 computer classes and every semester for two years they just cancelled the classes I needed because not enough students signed up (b.s.)

Then I graduated 2010 with a personal training degree with straight a's dean's list and honors but when I tried to find work all potential employers would tell me was my personality was not right for the job. I tried to do it on my own even starting people completely for free to get me going but I couldn't get anybody to actually show up to train with me. I really did it because I wanted to teach girls pole dance, I even have my own pole but nobody would show up since I don't talk to them right... so now I'm 10k in debt and the government sent me many nasty letters saying I'll never be able to go back to school and if I ever did get a regular job they'll be taking their money directly from my check...

Looking back the school should of been able to know I wasn't going to be able to work because I don't have the right get in peoples face yell at them tell them how weak they are... can't do it, no, sorry, wtf why do people want you to talk to them like this anyways? I'd be leaving crying... =(

But I did get to actually graduate that time though now my degree is useless since I couldn't keep up with the continuing education to keep my certification. It was going to require me to do a lot of traveling to conventions and seminars to log so many hours a year all paid for by me only.

Plus there is no chance of insurance actually personal trainers have to independently bit their own insurance including liability insurance because apparently they get sued constantly... something else I didn't find out until after I graduated.

Last edited:
BSc Chemistry at Bradford University (England). How I graduated is a mystery. I was so depressed and confused by the end (surrounded by several thousand other 18-22 year olds who may as well have been from Mars) I could barely function.

Did a Masters in Information Management after several years of unemployment (mainly). Became a Librarian.

Now about to complete a PhD in Information Management... I've come to love doing research, but not sure how I'm going to be able to pursue it as yet.

Are you still pursuing research?

when I visited Washington DC is 2006, I knew that I loved the city. It was the first time I saw a metro train and the first time I saw how so many people lived together in one place. Even though Pittsburgh was a more traditional city structure, DC (especially the surrounding suburbs) has always felt more like home for me.

In my early academic years, I studied Political Science at Marymount University and was going to pursue law. However, plans shifted after I worked at a law firm for a few years. I decided to that arguing about law was not my thing, I wanted to be creating law.

After 7 great years in DC, I moved to Charlotte NC to pursue a Masters of Public Administration because working in government really interested me. The idea of creating policy that can impact everyday life is something that fits with my plans to find ways to help people.

However, I stiff felt like I did not know as much as I should about local government and how cities grow, so I am now getting a PhD in Geography and Urban Regional Analysis. Here I am trying to understand local neighborhood dynamics to see how and why neighborhoods change.

In another life though, I would like to pursue physics...but higher level math has always challenged me to the point of furstration...but who knows..I can always get a second PhD....wait a second, that is crazy talk!

New Threads

Top Bottom