• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When would be the best time?

Owliet

The Hidden One.
A month ago I asked for a work certificate. You have to have them here when you leave a job for any reason. My exit interview was positive etc. Didn’t get one however. I put the forgetting down to the Christmas holiday. It happens.

Term came back two weeks ago. I emailed 11 days ago to remind for a certificate. Got no response. It’s now really important that I have one anyway so I can be payed by the insurance people. They seem to think that because I have no end date on my contract. Which is fine. I dont Really. I was only verbally told that I would not be continuing Substitution because the class teacher was back. That’s fine. Not bothered. What’s worriying me is that I’ve done everything expected of me, and something has let me down. The insurance people have said that they will contact my work place to resolve the situation but I dont know when they will do that.

Obviously, right now I cant really do anything because of my hearing not being …great. Hopefully, by going today to the doctors it will be working again. Dad said that I should wait until Friday to contact the workplace AND the insurance people to ask if there^s been contact and do it like this so I will have to make my second phone call of this year in 2 weeks in a row. But i wish it wasn’t so complicated. Is my dad right? Should I wait until Friday? If the insurance people do contact, I dont want to be seen as being a bully and I dont want to be bothering a workplace that may hopefully take me on again, but I’ve been pretty patient with them and its now really important that I have this to give an indication to the insurance people that my end date was in December.

A little stressed.=(

Even more stressed — so basically if I dont get the little paper that says that i didnt leave the job by my own decision or if I was fired, then they will withold the payment. This will be a specific penalty time and wait. It could be up to 3 months and they dont back pay. It is kind of like a punishment if you are fired for reasons of your fault or for leaving out of your Own choice — and that has not happened to me at all. I cant afford to be penalties or have some ridiculous dancing around for me to have this paper that should have been given to me when I asked for it in December!!!. I have to pay 600 in health insurance plus 700 in rent., my sister is pestering me for money of 500 for her to oRder things for mai. I like having money for security. But I also know that I have to pay tax soon, and bills and I dont know how much it is and so any money i get right now is really important. So I know that i am safe. Money means safety for me. Even if it’s not enough to live on my own. I can safe and make sure that i have some form of independence because I am not really very independent so this is at least something. So my hearing is not great, I cant hear and I know that people are shouting but I am stressed. Telling me that it’s not known and that its “administration nonsense” is not helpful. I really thought that this month would be easier to to do. I didnt think I‘d chase after everything. I know a phone call would have been better to do this directly but its not possible and this is rather urgent to do. And i need it done.

I dont really want to be penaltied /punished because it is not my fault. I need organization I dont understand how people cannot be organized becasue it impacts on others.

I’m also worried that if I contact this workplace, will they make it harder for me to work there again? Will I not be considered….its just a mess. And I just want this all sorted out. =(

And because I am stressed, my dad told me to go away. I really want to go away.

Sometimes you just have to take things into your own hands. I can understand that many businesses are understaffed, documents get put into a pile on someone's desk or queue in a computer system, they get calls all the time from people complaining about delays, etc. However, as I said, if you can make a convincing case for them to expedite the process, being polite and respectful, but firm, you may get some traction. If you are getting pushback, then demand to have them transfer your case up the chain of command, to a manager or supervisor. If you get pushback, push it up further. At some point, you will get the attention of someone who is going to "light a fire under someone's butt" and complete the task.

Contacted someone else who I guess has put pressure on it because I will apparently be hearing from them soon.

I have to pay 600 in health insurance plus 700 in rent., my sister is pestering me for money of 500 for her to order things for mai.

I don't think you should give away your money. It would be very nice of you but 500 francs, that's 500 dollars. Asking you to give her 500 dollars is a lot to ask for. And she has a boyfriend, tell her to get it from him if she is desperate for money.

Last edited:
I don't think you should give away your money. It would be very nice of you but 500 francs, that's 500 dollars. Asking you to give her 500 dollars is a lot to ask for. And she has a boyfriend, tell her to get it from him if she is desperate for money.
Oh yeah, he wont give her money. I wont be giving her money. SHe expects that I will give 500 CHF. Keeps asking me when dad isn’t around because she has been told already by dad to not ask. I just dont want her to somehow find a way to steal it. Like take my card or something.

I always hated phones anyway, but I found you get much better responses from people when all of a sudden you're standing in front of their desk. As Neonatal RRT said, be polite and respectful, even fake being sympathetic to how overworked they are, but push.

I always hated phones anyway, but I found you get much better responses from people when all of a sudden you're standing in front of their desk. As Neonatal RRT said, be polite and respectful, even fake being sympathetic to how overworked they are, but push.
I got the response of they will be in contact with me very soon —- whatever that means. I have to hope that its by Friday.

I'm glad to hear that it sounds like your employer will be actioning the request and that your insurer has been or will be touching base with them as well.

Sometimes, especially if there is only one person handling a specific type of task, things, especially non-routine ones, can "fall between the cracks" if they're unexpectedly sick or away and wasn't able to or simply forgot to inform someone else that there was a task that needed to be done. In such cases, a follow-up or two is usually sufficient to ensure that someone else is assigned to get the task done.

Friday is here and still nothing. I think I will have to wait until the end of today before taking further action. I dont know what further action that is. I dont really care if its fall between the cracks at the point because there’s now been a few More recent reminders. These people dont do back payments. If I dont get this stupid Little bits of information soon, then I will have to chalk January up as a loss, and what about February? I will need still the same paper To say that no she has not been fired or left the job. Because these people wont take my word for it. Extremely anxious. Stressed. Frustrated. Tired of having additional stresses. Really puts me off doing any of these little jobs. I need the money for rent, I need it for my health insurance. I need it to Pay bills. Like life things.

When I have to do something really important, I do it in the same day I get asked so I dont forget.

Sorry if I sound annoyed. I Am very much so.

Are there legal ramifications if the employer does not issue the form in a timely basis?

If so, perhaps contacting the appropriate authorities may put pressure on them to deal with the issuance promptly.

Are there legal ramifications if the employer does not issue the form in a timely basis?

If so, perhaps contacting the appropriate authorities may put pressure on them to deal with the issuance promptly.
Yes, through the insurance people — they have already sent a letter when I said that I dont have what they require, and if they dont hear back then they take further action. I think also on Friday, I will go to the boss directly to ask if she can just write something for me. It shouldn’t take this long. But I need to give them time to respond to the letter that was sent on Thursday, so they should receive it yesterday or Monday.

I am trying to not worry too much about it, since it’s causing a lot of stress and I am tired of being shouted at because of my anxiety Over i….

I am tired of people shouting at you too.
It’s been like this all week (as you know). I’m going to just keep my head down and not say anything unless directly talked to (which is quite rare). I hope that it’s okay to post on the forum more.

I’m going to just keep my head down and not say anything unless directly talked to (which is quite rare)
I use that strategy, too.

I hope that it’s okay to post on the forum more.
Me too! I’ve been doing so alot lately.

Just to confirm that we are on the same wavelength here, I will share that there’s a good chance I have a brewing ear infection! :imp: They’re not that uncommon for me - I know the signs and I’m really mad about it. They hurt so much!

I use that strategy, too.

Me too! I’ve been doing so alot lately.

Just to confirm that we are on the same wavelength here, I will share that there’s a good chance I have a brewing ear infection! :imp: They’re not that uncommon for me - I know the signs and I’m really mad about it. They hurt so much!
I hope that you feel better soon. Mine hurts and now goes in and out with the sound so it is getting better. =)

New Threads

Top Bottom