• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's Your Special Interests?

I do wargaming- so that is lots of special interests depending what period/ universe the games happen to focusing on.

I have had a long special interest in theology.

I can't really shop without taking a special interested in the things I'm buying.

When I'm not trapped like I am now , it's drums and creating electronic triggers for them .
Im' an inventor of things . I have created a few first or at least a few made better thans.
I head in every direction from cnc to materials.
If I need to know it I do it

F96E2FC8-B8B3-477F-8073-E07F8AC19D1D.jpeg
My old Mopars.

My main hobby is gaming. I also really love cosplay, but that's one I can only do at conventions.

Beyond that, I have two others. First is this:

cubesnow.jpg

Yeah, they're basically like the classic Rubik's Cube, except more crazy. The normal Rubiks' cube is really easy now... to think, there was a time I thought the thing was impossible. Now it doesnt take much effort. Some of these in the photo, on the other hand... very hard. Others, not so much. I have quite a few more than just what's in the photo.

Next hobby:

LaTrax-Red-Drone-1.png
24054-4-Bandit-3qtr-front-right_m.jpg

Drones and RC vehicles. It's a relatively new hobby for me, but I've still got a good number of them. I have about 8 drones of various sizes (including the one in the photo). I have just the one RC car thing (the one in the photo), but I'm heading down to the hobby shop later today and will likely buy another.

These RC cars sure are different from the ones I had as a kid. Those were little, lightweight things that you drove around in your house, and they were slow and harmless.

The one in the photo is this big heavy thing that takes a good bit of setup to even use (battery pack has to be charged, needs a special charger, the whole car must be opened up each time to place the charged battery in. Charging is FREQUENT as drones and RC things use a ton of charge just moving around) and can reach high speeds. The one in the photo can hit 35 MPH. That's not scaled down, either, that's the actual speed. And that's a beginner model.... others go faster. The fastest one I'm aware of can hit 100 MPH. Because clearly, these things need to be going that fast.

These arent something that you'd want a kid to have, I can tell you that. The "harmless" aspect isnt there. You dont want these hitting you or anyone else. I saw one video of this guy who clearly didnt know what he was doing, he set one down about 20 feet in front of him... this big heavy truck thing... started it up, and just hit the throttle. He had it pointed towards him, very smart. It slammed into his legs. Unlike toy RCs, THAT thing didnt bounce off. It simply kept going. The guy basically flips forward and slams into the ground. That wasnt a super fast one, either. The guy was okay, but it was the sort of thing that still very clearly hurt quite a bit. You have to be CAREFUL with these. Same with the drones. I always describe the drones as "flying lawnmowers" to emphasize the bit where you SHOULDNT TOUCH THEM WHEN THEY ARE ACTIVE. It's bloody amazing how many people DONT follow that rule. I've seen many videos where there'll be a drone floating towards some idiot, and instead of letting it land, he reaches out, tries to grab it, there's a sound like "BZZZZZZZONK!!!" and then he's hopping around and waving his hand around wildly. The bigger drones could end up causing injuries that need stitches. Not exactly fun, so people need to NOT STICK THEIR HANDS IN THE BLADES. I dont understand why that's so hard to grasp, but apparently it is.

It's a very detailed hobby overall, actually. Many people put ALOT of work into these, both drones and ground vehicles. Some of them are way beyond my level, that's for sure. There are for instance some RC cars/whatever that run on actual gasoline. My uncle (who is really into cars of any sort and builds/repairs actual cars for a living) has some of those. Apparently they're absurdly loud. I'll stick with the ones with the bizarre batteries, thanks...

There's a hobby shop near my house that almost entirely is RC stuff and drones, as well as model planes, and about 8 billion parts for all of them. Which is good, it's easy to break these. I have a helicopter, and it had an "incident" involving the basement ceiling and a pool table (in my defense, the basement is HUGE and actually very well suited to me flying mid-sized or small drones around... but I underestimated the floaty-ness of the copter as it was the first one of those I'd gotten, moves quite different from a drone). Took it to those guys, they fixed it with little effort despite how damaged it appeared.

Food. Anything having to do with it. I love to cook, preserve, learn about nutrition... which extends to gardening, soil. Also any equipment used to prepare food. History of food. Influence of food. How it bridges culture, race, gender, religion, geography, socioeconomic strata. Most importantly: how can one capture or elicit a memory or emotion or set a tone through a bite of food. Food as cosmetics. Food as art. Food as medecine. But I am not an over-eater.

I have a few long standing interests which I've 'always' had, including Ancient Mediterranean history, languages, Fanfiction, names. Then I have some that come and go or are newer, such as My Little Pony, Pokemon, Moshi Monsters, and other small animated collectible characters!, Minecraft, Anne of Green Gables / Prince Edward Island.

Mine are languages (extending to the countries where they are spoken), and progressive rock music.

I do wargaming- so that is lots of special interests depending what period/ universe the games happen to focusing on.
I also like wargame, although I'm more interested in the fluff and the rules rather than actually playing the game. What's your favorite games? Mines are warmachine and Warhammer (both fantasy/AOS and 40K). I bough a few models for both games and painted them but they're sitting on the shelf because I have no one to play with.

Mine are languages (extending to the countries where they are spoken).
Awesome! How many language do you speak?

I speak English (obviously - native tongue), Greek, German and Romanian fluently. I also speak (though now a bit rusty) French, Spanish, Italian, I can read and understand a bit of Polish and Russian.

I also like wargame, although I'm more interested in the fluff and the rules rather than actually playing the game. What's your favorite games? Mines are warmachine and Warhammer (both fantasy/AOS and 40K). I bough a few models for both games and painted them but they're sitting on the shelf because I have no one to play with.

I have Gripping beasts Saga and am getting a Bolt Action Army ready (Warlord Games). Yes I spend rather more time making stuff and reading about the hobby than doing it!

My special interests are: dogs, languages, words, phonetics, the science of light, psychology, MBTI personality types, novel writing, and singing.

Research about history, computer tech and recently medicine and crafts like soap making. I also am into graphics art and gaming. I ran a computer tech blog for a while but it's a lot of work and all of these other interests take not just work but a lot of time especially research. I'm looking into soap making, Preparation for soaps and different uses of soaps (might put my research into the forums here with precautions to take most definitely) as well as tying in my graphic art assets into web design so the blog has been put on hold for 6 months and traffic has surprising held on last time I checked (late December) but I used Google webmaster and an external domain to power mine.There appears to be a demand for alternative views despite from the same tabloid tech news on computer tech, that's what I noticed over time. People seem to want tech news without the politics or sneaky agenda that comes with it.

Last edited:
Physics, I love to learn how the world works. Drawing, nature and writing. Mostly sci-fi stuff. Sadly I haven't worked on creative projects very much due to depression and life issues. Some days it's hard just to brush my teeth.

New Threads

Top Bottom