• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's the last thing that surprised you?

This morning the front door was a little hard to close. I supposed the rug was rumpled up under the edge. The door closed, but with more resistance than usual. Opened the door, intending to straighten out the rug. 20 pound cat in between front & storm door.
Sorry, Wump. I didn't see or hear you.
I think he & I were equally surprised.
longhair5.jpg

Last edited:
I think I just bumped into Noam Chomsky on the way back from the bathroom... he's about to speak at my university. This should be interesting.

I didn't know he was still alive.

Yeah, he's still alive and kicking. I even did a gutsy thing for an aspie to do: I asked him a question at the Q&A session after his spiel. In front of the ballroom full of a couple hundred people.

Also when I got home from the event my grandmother grilled me about the event, and when I told her it was Noam Chomsky who spoke, she was shocked. "Are they pushing communism on you over there?!"

The last thing that surprised me was a couple minutes ago. I was walking to my first class and I overheard (well, I'm not sure if you could call it overhearing because they were talking pretty loudly) these girls were talking about the ways in which their boyfriends... "pleasure them", let's just say, and I stopped dead in my tracks. They laughed, and I instantly blushed and apologized for eavesdropping. They said it was cool, and admitted that they were talking about something which probably would stop anyone dead in their tracks! xD

ADDENDUM: You know how Facebook now sometimes shows memories of what you posted on this day a certain number of years ago? Well, I just logged into Facebook and I saw a painful reminder of a person who hurt me in a way I could never forgive. This triggered a torrent of horrible memories and bitter nostalgia. My ex-girlfriend, who broke up with me for no reason and through no fault of my own, and screamed at me when I tried to ask her about why. How easy love transmogrifies into hate.

Last edited:
smiley-alien009.gif
1. Surprised that the thread about Post a GIF had so few posts
2. Surprised at how many times I tried this morning to post a GIF and can only get a link to appear
3. Surprised that this GIF appears to be moving here, even though I lack any ideas that would let me get GIFs I actually want to appear on a page
4. Surprised at the level of difference/type of surprise mentioned.... previous poster and me. Apparently, in the area of surprise, Ned Flanders (The Simpsons) and I resemble each other.

To quote Ned: This is my favorite kind of surprise: Mild.
(But, that doesn't surprise me. I am pretty much used to myself.)

Last edited:
I was exploring a slot canyon with my son yesterday, it had rained for the previews two days, so there was a bit of water flowing through, and a stream of water flowing over the falls at the end. Being Easter, my sister texted me "Easter blessings" which I just finished reading when a softball sized rock fell from thirty feet up and landed on my foot, not my head.

Blessings for sure.

Yeah about 2 hours ago I went to the Crucible in Town to book a show for tomorrow afternoon, tried to book on my card and it was refused, so I came back home, rang Mum to tell her and she said I'd got my weekend's money 2 £10 notes plus the £10 I hadn't spent today which came to enough money to book in cash, so went back to the Theatre, paid cash for 2 tickets to the show, and actually got it cheaper than I would have paying by card.

Reading a very positive review of Prison Architect on Xbox One last night, it scored 9 out of 10, read a couple of other good reviews, comes out in UK tomorrow for £17.99 from Game, might get it.

New Threads

Top Bottom