• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's On Your Thanksgiving Table?

Leftovers, of course.

I guess I am a true American, indeed. I wasn’t sure until now.

There is also gratitude for life on the table.

How is bear meat? That's one I've never tried.

I've eaten rattlesnake, rabbit, deer, goat, and others I can't think of right now. But never bear.

Bears are about like a really high-quality beef brisket, well-marbled if you're cooking it that way (not obvious in a meatloat of course--but true hunters waste nothing) with a bit of the woodsy omnivore taste of a raccoon. I bet you'd like it! For sure I know you'd have liked what they did with the fat of the bear--they saved it to render down into a sort of lard or shortening. Kept cold, it worked better than Crisco, and as well as pure leaf lard, to make the biscuits.

I have never been on a bear hunt. The only large game I've ever taken is a few white-tailed deer, but they're delicious too and a lot easier to find than a bear. Sometimes you have to thin the deer population lest they destroy the forest's underbrush with browsing, get a nasty deer disease from overpopulation, get killed by tons of predators (who will starve to death when the deer population collapses) or cause a bunch of automobile accidents while crossing the street. But right now I do not really hunt at all because of college getting in the way. I haven't tried getting permits. Still, I'm a passable shot with the repeating rifle, and should probably go deer-hunting sometime next year or the year after.

I had to google that to see what the Swiss are up to, found this picture. So it literally is an onion festival/market? :) Mmmmm, onions. Tasty. :D

View attachment 89571
Yes, it Is very crazy for tourists to experience this. Many years ago, children would hit everyone with toy hammers and throw confetti but they changed that after some people bringing real hammers. Now we wear and eat onion type recipes and throw confetti at each other.

Yes, it Is very crazy for tourists to experience this. Many years ago, children would hit everyone with toy hammers and throw confetti but they changed that after some people bringing real hammers. Now we wear and eat onion type recipes and throw confetti at each other.

That is the funniest thing I have read in a while. :) Children beating people with hammers and throwing confetti on them to celebrate the onions. Because that's normal. Oh Switzerland, you're so weird :D

Doing thanksgiving today
because of everyone’s schedules-

Turkey - which I don’t eat because I am vegetarian, but I make it for
My family because they like it

2 Different Stuffings

Homemade apple sauce

Homemade Cranberry sauce

Homemade , vegan mushroom gravy

Fried green beans with garlic

Corn

Pumpkin Custard pie

My mom is bringing Carrot salad with raisins and homemade rolls

My sister is bringing homemade desserts

And my brother - he is to lazy to bring anything, so he just eats , don’t think I would eat anything he makes anyhow , his food does not look appealing .I am sure i am forgetting something.

Last edited:

Baby onions at the Zibelemärit. Thanksgiving looks very nice, I also like the onion fest in Switzerland, it's the right amount of weird. :)

Attachments

• 1669468595027.png
    1669468595027.png
    222.4 KB · Views: 21
I had to google that to see what the Swiss are up to, found this picture. So it literally is an onion festival/market? :) Mmmmm, onions. Tasty. :D

View attachment 89571
I want to attend the onion festival! I love an onion sandwich recipe from James Beard: white bread, thin layer of butter or mayonnaise on both pieces of bread, thin slices of a mild onion such as a Vidalia or Walla Walla. Nothing else!

If you want to get fancy, use a cookie cutter to cut out bread circles, make the sandwiches on the circles, roll the edges of the sandwiches in mayonnaise and then in minced fresh parsley.

I want to attend the onion festival! I love an onion sandwich recipe from James Beard: white bread, thin layer of butter or mayonnaise on both pieces of bread, thin slices of a mild onion such as a Vidalia or Walla Walla. Nothing else!

If you want to get fancy, use a cookie cutter to cut out bread circles, make the sandwiches on the circles, roll the edges of the sandwiches in mayonnaise and then in minced fresh parsley.

Yeah I want to attend the onion fest too. And Switzerland is the land of chocolate and cheese. And astonishing lakes. Chocolate, cheese, onions and lakes, that's the good life. :D

In the northeastern United States, we enjoy a good old garlic fest now and then.

1669481892035.png

1669482103720.png

I wonder what would happen if I showed up to the garlic festival with some confetti and a hammer. I would bring a toy one, of course.

New Threads

Top Bottom