• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the first video or computer game you played

Something on my uncle's Atari computer in the early 80s. A BASIC program where you were supposed to drop bombs from planes onto ships. When you missed, he wrote the code to display some dirty words, which he promptly changed after I laughed at it.

After that I had a ColecoVision with 33 games, and then a NES1 with maybe 20 games. Wish my mom hadn't given them away.

Never got into video games after that. They started to get too complicated and look too real in my opinion. I prefer the crappy graphics and simple music when it was all about the gameplay.

Something on my uncle's Atari computer in the early 80s. A BASIC program where you were supposed to drop bombs from planes onto ships. When you missed, he wrote the code to display some dirty words, which he promptly changed after I laughed at it.

After that I had a ColecoVision with 33 games, and then a NES1 with maybe 20 games. Wish my mom hadn't given them away.

Never got into video games after that. They started to get too complicated and look too real in my opinion. I prefer the crappy graphics and simple music when it was all about the gameplay.
Yes, once it went from basic joystick level to having to push this button and that button and remember quickly how to do everything, I was lost and no more video games for me.
And @Sportster - I absolutely loved Pong and could have played it continuously if someone else would have played with me. But my husband, at the time, said that it would leave marks on your tv screen. Do you know if that was true?

New Threads

Top Bottom