• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What symptoms do you have?

SomeRandomAspie

Unspecified origin
So I was thinking about how generalized the definition of all ASD's are. If you could create a personalized list of conditions, what would they be? Also, please specify whether you have classical autism, Asperger's, or PDD-NOS.

Here's my list of Asperger's symptoms:
-mild to severe social difficulties
-average to high intelligence
-no cognitive delay

So really, no one had answered this? I mean I dont if I even have it.. definitely have add in some form though. My problems are that i am extremely awkward and daydream all the time. My body seems stiff and rigid , and each day for me is different. One day I'll be cool calm and collectiev, speaking to people with ease, and having skyrocketing productivity.. the next day I'll be forgetful, anxious, and people with laugh at me for no apparent reason. They also make disgusted facial expressions at me, and or surprised ones. My ocd is terrible. Its like a tic disorder and developed when I was 16. Everything the voice in my head, which I know is my voice, tells me to do, I have to do it. Whether it be the amount of times I bite my food, drink my drink, or even what I say. If I dont listen its basically a placebo like effect where I can lose control of some social skills and no one will like me anymore. Its that bad. I know its a placebo effect and still cant help it. Its torturous.

I also have slight problems with coordination which heavily subside when I stop eating anything containing gluten.

Daydreaming just may be an overload of emotion for my brain.. as when I think of something funny that I have to say.. i pretty much stop what im doing and get lost in my mind.

My social problems.. I believe stem more from the fact that I get awkward and anxious on certain days, more than anything. Sometimes I try speaking with people, and feel that I'm the same as I was the previous day, excpet that their reaction to me is different. Must be anxiety fking which the tone of my voice, and outward expression.

Attention span and ocd are the main problems of my life though.

I have almost every symptom of aspergers that you can think of. There are a few i have outgrown such as spinning objects, innappropriate attachment to objects, innappropriate laughing, and i've gotten much better when it comes to people touching me, but i don't know if i will ever be completely over that symptom.
One other symptom i'm pretty sure i don't have is above average intelligence. If anything i think my intelligence is almost below average because i've always done pretty bad in school and i also have a lot of trouble doing basic everyday living tasks. It's caused me to become quite depressed, but i have been trying my best to keep my head up, and hopefully some day my life with aspergers will get much better.

The list of traits common to females on the spectrum is long but I have many of them. I can say that I have some sensory processing issues, social difficulty and repetitive behaviours/rigidity and that all of these things cause me difficulty functioning 'normally' however medication for anxiety helps me cope quite a bit. My IQ is unknown to me but I assume it's above average given my academic abilities and my masking/coping skills.

In terms of co-morbid traits I am aware of are anxiety, as mentioned, gastro-intestinal issues, CFS/ME and possibly tics-Tourettes type as well as stims.

Mine are:
social and non-verbal communication difficulties (not picking up on body language and social cues, etc).
social anxiety.
rigid thinking and behaviour/resistance to change.
sensory issues.
Excecutive functioning issues and ADHD-like issues that often come with the whole Asperger's package.
Difficulty with abstract thinking.
Good long term memory.
I don't know my IQ, but assume that it is at least average based on academic achievement and masking.coping skills.

New Threads

Top Bottom