• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Should I Make for Dinner?

Which Combination of Ingredients Should I Cook for Supper Tonight?

• Tofu

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Carne Asada Steak

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ground Beef

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Mixed Greens

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Garlic

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Onions

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Brussels Sprouts

• Rutabega

• Mushrooms

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Green Onions

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's fun talking about what to do for dinner. Maybe we can report dinner ideas, and keep it going with ideas. I never went completely raw, but raw cabbage, raw onions are my favorite. I do put garlic in boiling water to tame it.

I took your advice @Yeshuasdaughter . I sweated them. I took one cube of spicy laughing cow cheese mixed with plain yogurt , green onions, avocado, stuffed their halves. Put them in toaster oven with melted cheese and they smell good. But cream cheese is nice just yogurt is a tab healthier. They were hot, but l like it. Maybe we should change this to what did you make tonite?

Attachments

• 20230112_200332.jpg
    20230112_200332.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Wow! Those look great @Aspychata !

I wish I had taken a picture of what I made for dinner this evening. It was very simple, but delicious.

I put olive oil in a pan, and sauteed garlic cloves, mushrooms, green beans, and mixed greens. I seasoned them with Himlayan salt and a little sage, and sauteed them until they were al dente. I put them on a plate in a pretty fashion.

In the same pan, in the same olive oil, I then sauteed a couple carne asada steaks. 3 minutes on each side. Seasoned only with himilayan salt on each side. After each one sauteed for 3 minutes, I let the meat rest for a few, and then enjoyed it in my recliner, with hibiscus tea.

It was so nourishing and filling, that I had a hard time staying awake in the recliner.

Oh yes, I actually used to be a raw foodist, for a few years. My daughter and I were super healthy. But that's a very expensive and labor intensive diet. I loved it. Dehydrated kale chips with nutritional yeast and liquid aminos! Yum! And 2 pm Acai smoothies. Sign me up!

But nowadays, my tummy is sorta tender, so it does better with fully cooked, soft veggies. I need a whole lotta protein too. Red meat I can do medium rare or rare. Well done is too hard on the tumtum, plus I like the meat to be a little red.

Beans are fun. I can them so that I can have jars of fresh pintos or black beans whenever I need. They're so good.
i thought you might not be able to digest stir fry,i find it too much,i just have cantonese curry sauce(if i can bare it ,only chest infection periods)boiled rice and chips(home fries),only usually mainly soup and some bread, still shocked that heinz doesn't sell heinz soups,pasta in the usa as its an american company ,but its their choice

If you have a small halogen oven or airfryer thats also a method ,slow very low heat cooking is the best ,as its very close to nature growing something, but you are sensible so do your best .
My mam was like you for a while, on raw food ,but you can't actually do it for more than a week, unless you're really losing weight from an infection,disease, then my mam did i think 28 days ,but she lost a lot!of weight, strangely her blood count was perfect(that was on raw table grapes like the bible suggests for a kosher diet (biblical during exodus but before they complained)) ,she'd had low blood pressure until then, always looked coldly pale in complexion

Beans don't grow so well in the Northwest. We get most of ours from other parts of the country. I had a big vegetable garden, and grew lots of green beans. I was very excited. The vines climbed beautifully. But when harvest came, I had a couple little handfuls of actual beans. One meal for an entire spring and summer of labor! lol! It was tasty tho.

i thought you might not be able to digest stir fry,i find it too much,i just have cantonese curry sauce(if i can bare it ,only chest infection periods)boiled rice and chips(home fries),only usually mainly soup and some bread, still shocked that heinz doesn't sell heinz soups,pasta in the usa as its an american company ,but its their choice

If you have a small halogen oven or airfryer thats also a method ,slow very low heat cooking is the best ,as its very close to nature growing something, but you are sensible so do your best .
My mam was like you for a while, on raw food ,but you can't actually do it for more than a week, unless you're really losing weight from an infection,disease, then my mam did i think 28 days ,but she lost a lot!of weight, strangely her blood count was perfect(that was on raw table grapes like the bible suggests for a kosher diet (biblical during exodus but before they complained)) ,she'd had low blood pressure until then, always looked coldly pale in complexion
I have low blood pressure too. I get swolen or dizzy sometimes. It's harmless though.

This is especially true with snake beans, they need a tropical climate.
That sounds like Florida, for sure! I lived in Central Florida, on the Gulf Coast for a while. Oh my goodness! It was so humid that the moisture in the air could hold your arms up! You go to anyone's house and on the bathroom floor there would be sprinkles of talcum powder. Everyone there, before leaving the house, powders their bodies, because they sweat so much. It was known as Lightning Alley. Each afternoon, around 2 p.m., violent thunderstorms would erupt out of nowhere. I've seen lighning flash across the street from me. Giant expolsion! It was a lot of fun. I've waded with rays in clean blue water. The sand is like bleached flour.

Saw that this morning. I was praying my little box home wouldn't set on fire. Bright lights, lighting strikes. I lived for years in Hawaii, so tropical weather doesn't bother me. Right now it's a cold 61 degrees.

Kale with garlic and soy sauce is another favorite of mine.

Saw that this morning. I was praying my little box home wouldn't set on fire. Bright lights, lighting strikes. I lived for years in Hawaii, so tropical weather doesn't bother me. Right now it's a cold 61 degrees.

Kale with garlic and soy sauce is another favorite of mine.
That reminds me- Kale bouquets were kind of popular in floral dept's a few years back. But my daughter, being a florist, knows quite well that if you give someone a bouquet of Kale, the traditional meaning is "Next time come sober".

I have low blood pressure too. I get swolen or dizzy sometimes. It's harmless though.
Hers was bad ,she had to get emergency blood transfusions
(The nhs wasn't great for female care, if she hadn't persisted with a gynaecologist,she would have been a lot worse), then she said she felt like a spring lamb
Her stomach lining was damaged and after that she looked very pale in her 40s

Beans don't grow so well in the Northwest. We get most of ours from other parts of the country. I had a big vegetable garden, and grew lots of green beans. I was very excited. The vines climbed beautifully. But when harvest came, I had a couple little handfuls of actual beans. One meal for an entire spring and summer of labor! lol! It was tasty tho.
You could grow them in summer, then freeze or preserve in vinegar, in n.e.england a tall frame(metal,wooden) is used with netting or string or wire to support ive only seen butter bean size ,but garden peas survive and the n.e.coast of england can be bitterly cold

New Threads

Top Bottom