• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Should I Make for Dinner?

Which Combination of Ingredients Should I Cook for Supper Tonight?

• Tofu

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Carne Asada Steak

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ground Beef

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Mixed Greens

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Garlic

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Onions

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Brussels Sprouts

• Rutabega

• Mushrooms

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Green Onions

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I currently have Tofu, Carne Asada Steak, and Ground Beef thawed.

Which one should I make for dinner?

The side veggies that I have right now are Mixed Greens, Garlic, Onions, Brussels Sprouts, Rutabega, Mushrooms, and Green Onions.

Which veggies should I sautee and serve along with the main course?

Pick the Meat and Veggie Combo in the Poll. Select as many or as few foods as you like, as long as you pick at least one Protein (Meat or Tofu) and at least one Vegetable. If you like, you can leave a comment on how I should prepare the ingredients. Whichever Meat and Veggie combos get the most votes, I'll cook the meal that you'd like to see.

I'll take a photo of the meal, and post it here, once it's cooked.

Last edited:
Pat the hamburger into patties and cook them like you would a steak (but thoroughly). Saute the mushrooms in butter and pour over the hamburger steaks, topped with green onion. Green beans on the side.

Hardly anyone has used the poll. My tummy's growlin and I'm "fangin' a feed", and I don't want to eat just garlic! lol

All right, looks like it's tofu, with garlic and onions. Also mixed greens, mushrooms, and green onions. I'll post at least one pic.

Thanks everyone for voting! I really had no idea what to make. This was a fun experiment, and it's all because of y'all!

Here's where it all starts:

Tonight's dinner. It started as a tofu dish sauteed in vegetable oil, but who am I kidding? I spent way too many years as an anemic vegetarian. And besides I'm eating Keto/Paleo these days. Sorry guys.

In other words... forget all that! I'm a carnivore! So like a proper human being who was raised right by their father and their mother, with decent values, I promptly came to my senses, and added carne asada steak and homemade bone broth, to the tofu and veggie saute. I pureed the tofu to act as a thickener for the dish, and with the addition of the bone broth, it became a beef stew.

I decided that this should be an incredible Asian / Mexican fusion dish. It turned out very similar in flavor to a Kal'e or Bulgogi stew, but with the zesty freshness and bite of fajitas. The seasonings I added were Himalayan sea salt, ginger, sage, cumin, and to round out the flavor, a few drops of fish sauce, and a whole lot of hot sauce.

At the end, I put it in a bowl, and for a punch of keto good fat, I garnished it with avocado, sprinkled with cumin, and of course more hot sauce.

Honestly I'll probably add even more hot sauce.

It tastes so freaking good. I would rather eat this, than at any restaurant.

There's leftovers, and I wish I could share it with you all.

325311724_601981275097057_686146124464077221_n.jpg

325246801_2682966391840130_4290044872806144667_n.jpg

324934759_485185910465160_8498041495619515271_n.jpg

325139505_6006537992722469_4839819015990744052_n.jpg

Yes it looks sorta ploppy, but how do you photograph stew, to make it look good, lol?

Last edited:
At least you got the garlic in there!
Oh I was sure to put in all the ingredients y'all wanted. I even made it Asian inspired. I just needed something a bit heartier. I have health problems so I have to have a high protein diet.

Last edited:
I currently have Tofu, Carne Asada Steak, and Ground Beef thawed.

Which one should I make for dinner?

The side veggies that I have right now are Mixed Greens, Garlic, Onions, Brussels Sprouts, Rutabega, Mushrooms, and Green Onions.

Which veggies should I sautee and serve along with the main course?

Pick the Meat and Veggie Combo in the Poll. Select as many or as few foods as you like, as long as you pick at least one Protein (Meat or Tofu) and at least one Vegetable. If you like, you can leave a comment on how I should prepare the ingredients. Whichever Meat and Veggie combos get the most votes, I'll cook the meal that you'd like to see.

I'll take a photo of the meal, and post it here, once it's cooked.
The best way to cook is as slow as possible or for optimum nutrition stirfry(flashfry) if you easily digest almost raw food

Tonite was a mango, and Italian breadsticks for dinner. Wacky, unconventional, totally ridiculous and good. I am staring at the beautiful Jalapeños l bought and trying to figure out how to stuff them and pan fry or air fry. I have never made Jalapeno poppers before. It seems to involve stuffing then with cheese, cream cheese,spices, putting peppers in egg, then breading (like panko), then air fry for 375 for 10 mins, flip and another 5 mins. And done.

Last edited:
Tonite was a mango, and Italian breadsticks for dinner. Wacky, unconventional, totally ridiculous and good. I am staring at the beautiful Jalapeños l bought and trying to figure out how to stuff them and pan fry or air fry. I have never made Jalapeno poppers before. It seems to involve stuffing then with cheese, cream cheese,spices, putting peppers in egg, then breading (like panko), then air fry for 375 for 10 mins, flip and another 5 mins. And done.
I was thinking you probably could oven fry them too, like people do chicken. Breaded and drizzled in olive oil. I
have never used an air fryer. What's it like?

I have good and bad luck as l don't know what to expect. But homemade sweet potato fries are good. I slowly figured that out. It does work really fast. And clean up is minimal. It gets very hot, very quick, unlike ovens. I bought mine at home depot.

Hmmm? What I'd do, @Aspychata , is probably sweat the peppers under the broiler, and then let them sit in a paper bag until cool. Then pull out the stems and seeds. stuff with cheese, bread with awesomeness, put them in a rectangular cake pan that's been lined with parchment or foil, drizzle with oil. And maybe bake for 30 minutes at 375, and then check them. If they're not browned/cheese melted, set the oven timer for 10 minute incriments until done.

I think that'd work.

But I don't think most people sweat their jalapenos before stuffing. It's something I do to bell peppers or anaheim/ poblanos though.

The best way to cook is as slow as possible or for optimum nutrition stirfry(flashfry) if you easily digest almost raw food
Oh yes, I actually used to be a raw foodist, for a few years. My daughter and I were super healthy. But that's a very expensive and labor intensive diet. I loved it. Dehydrated kale chips with nutritional yeast and liquid aminos! Yum! And 2 pm Acai smoothies. Sign me up!

But nowadays, my tummy is sorta tender, so it does better with fully cooked, soft veggies. I need a whole lotta protein too. Red meat I can do medium rare or rare. Well done is too hard on the tumtum, plus I like the meat to be a little red.

Beans are fun. I can them so that I can have jars of fresh pintos or black beans whenever I need. They're so good.

Hmmm? What I'd do, @Aspychata , is probably sweat the peppers under the broiler, and then let them sit in a paper bag until cool. Then pull out the stems and seeds. stuff with cheese, bread with awesomeness, put them in a rectangular cake pan that's been lined with parchment or foil, drizzle with oil. And maybe bake for 30 minutes at 375, and then check them. If they're not browned/cheese melted, set the oven timer for 10 minute incriments until done.

I think that'd work.

But I don't think most people sweat their jalapenos before stuffing. It's something I do to bell peppers or anaheim/ poblanos though.
That sounds more in line and easy since l don't have cream cheese and usually don't buy. I might bread them like poppers.

New Threads

Top Bottom