• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your eye color?

What is your eye color?

• Blue

• Brown

• Green

• Grey

• Hazel

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here you go. You tell me what colour. :)

Note the brown ring around the centre - it's a mark of Australian Aboriginal heritage. My father was quite upset when I filled him in on a bit of family history that he was never told, his children aren't as pure white as he had believed. :)

Eye.JPG

Wow, so, I decided, I should try to use GOOD lighting + mirror to have a look, which I'd never thought to do before. Nice simple phone light, or my lantern can do it. Either one. So I can be totally clear on it.

Yeah, it's gray. There's no question about it. Not even a slight bit of any other color there.

I also realized that the lighting in my bathroom is awful. Dim, I mean. I'd gotten so used to it... explains why I tend to find lighting in OTHER bathrooms in other houses/buildings to be so "harsh". I really should probably try to do something about that.

I also realize I'm not as observant as I tend to think I am. As it is, I gotta say, I feel a bit silly for not spotting my own freaking eye color. To be fair though, I *really* dont like mirrors.

Still, I'll have to work on trying to pay more attention to details around me and such. I wonder what else I'm missing? Hmm. That's something to seriously ponder.

Exactly same here, but do you know why that could be? Gray eyes can turn blue or greenish depending on the lighting or changes in mood, or from changes in clothing from what I saw. Mine look often gray but sometimes blue, bluish gray, bluish green. So, I think what I read could be true.

Huh, I'd not heard of that before.

I looked it up, and indeed, a lot of stuff on gray eyes changing color like that... tons of data/articles on this stuff. How strange... dont know what to think of that.

Well, ya learn something new every day, eh?

Here you go. You tell me what colour. :)

Note the brown ring around the centre - it's a mark of Australian Aboriginal heritage. My father was quite upset when I filled him in on a bit of family history that he was never told, his children aren't as pure white as he had believed. :)

I like that, yours are nice looking. That's a neat detail you've got there. I dont recall seeing that before. Though I've a memory like a cheese grater, so maybe I have at some point, I dont know...

Also it's interesting to see such a wide range of color from everyone here.

To be fair though, I *really* don't like mirrors.
When I was living on the streets one of the other homeless people had a problem with mirrors. He was ex-Israeli military and whenever he saw himself in a mirror he would start having arguments with all the other people that lived inside his head.

Other than that he was quite normal, an incredibly nice man.

Wow, so, I decided, I should try to use GOOD lighting + mirror to have a look, which I'd never thought to do before. Nice simple phone light, or my lantern can do it. Either one. So I can be totally clear on it.

Yeah, it's gray. There's no question about it. Not even a slight bit of any other color there.

I looked it up, and indeed, a lot of stuff on gray eyes changing color like that... tons of data/articles on this stuff. How strange... dont know what to think of that.

Well, ya learn something new every day, eh?

Yeah. If you scroll down at the below link to one of the bold headings where it talks about the different shades of gray it says gray eyes can change colors and why.

"Gray Eyes - All About Vision" Gray Eyes - All About Vision

Yeah. If you scroll down at the below link to one of the bold headings where it talks about the different shades of gray it says gray eyes can change colors and why.
Thank you for that, I had always wondered why sometimes my eyes were green. Over the years quite a few women commented on my "lovely green eyes" as well, now I know it just means I was excited. :)

I do remember asking a guy on the spectrum if he knew the color of my eyes. It's a test, do you know, just checking. Lol

Both the wife and I are hazel, we are both blondes or at least I was. I thought blue was the rarest, looking it up it apparently is hazel. Personally, i'm not sure what colour this is and I was a colour expert.

Now l am wondering if l am a shade of grey also. Grey can mimic other colors very well. I can look very green or soft blue but maybe it's just Grey. Lol

Mine are grey/blue, I'm not sure which. In strong light they appear more blue, in low light, grey. I though this was common, but apparently not, only 8-10% of the world's population have blue eyes and less than 1% have grey eyes.
I know a couple of people who have each eye a different colour, which is very unusual.

I guess this is considered blue? Doesn't look all that blue, kind of a subtle mix.

My Dad died from dementia a decade ago. He eventually lapsed into a coma. A week before he died, he "came out of it" and was talking to us just as he used to. I remember that his eye's irises were a bright blue, much different from the color he'd had all his life which were similar to mine. I wonder what would cause this- both the temporary release from dementia/coma, and the sudden change in the iris color?
aye2.jpg

I remember that his eye's irises were a bright blue, much different from the color he'd had all his life which were similar to mine. I wonder what would cause this- both the temporary release from dementia/coma, and the sudden change in the iris color?
Eyes can appear to change colour under different lighting. So if he was in hospital under strong white florescent lighting, that might be the cause.

Also, eye color can grow lighter or darker according to whether the pupil is dilated or not. Dilated eyes go darker in colour, which would explain how eyes might be lighter under bright light, which causes the pupil to get narrower.

Last edited:
Difficult to say. You tell me! I mean....whenever I look into a mirror, I can't see a bloody blasted thing.

Vamp.jpg

Gotta go, I'm late for a transfusion.

Last edited:
Until a few years ago, I always said my eyes were green. I thought hazel meant "pale blue" but finally looked it up. Well, mine are actually hazel, so I updated my driver's license on last renewal :)

New Threads

Top Bottom