• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is my mbti type?

InfinityRose

So, I've been interested in mbti off and on for a while now. I've taken multiple tests, read the descriptions of the types, and studied the functions. But, I'm still not completely sure of my type. I've finally narrowed it down between istj and infp, because one or the other is usually the result I get on most tests, and I think the functions that both types have (Si, Ne, Te, and Fi) fit the best.

The problem is that both types fit me partially, but also don't at the same time. For example, I enjoy structure and routine like an istj, and I have a pretty good long term memory. However, I'm also completely unorganized, I daydream a lot, and tend to not pay attention to my surroundings because I space out a lot, similar to an infp.

If there is anyone who knows about mbti on here, feel free to give me your opinions.

If you type "MBTI" into the search text box of this site you'll find many such threads on this subject.

I had mbti as a special interest a few years ago.

Remember to factor in spectrum and ADHD if you have it.

Mbti deals in preferences, while I see autism provide brain shapes and setting hard limits.

I am entp, and fit it very closely, but I should have been much more outgoing than I am. Autism has limited that somewhat as I don't like lots of attention and things like networking are my worst nightmare.

I'd pick the one that feels like you and try it on for a while.

Also consider the enneagram. My wife is mostly NT, and isfj, but is also messy. The enneagram explained why.

The p/j should be easy. Do you like keeping your options open, or making quick decisions? You can also be an the cusp, without strong preferences on either.

Ask more questions, and I'll help if I can.

I had mbti as a special interest a few years ago.

Remember to factor in spectrum and ADHD if you have it.

Mbti deals in preferences, while I see autism provide brain shapes and setting hard limits.

I am entp, and fit it very closely, but I should have been much more outgoing than I am. Autism has limited that somewhat as I don't like lots of attention and things like networking are my worst nightmare.

I'd pick the one that feels like you and try it on for a while.

Also consider the enneagram. My wife is mostly NT, and isfj, but is also messy. The enneagram explained why.

The p/j should be easy. Do you like keeping your options open, or making quick decisions? You can also be an the cusp, without strong preferences on either.

Ask more questions, and I'll help if I can.

Thank you for your help. I know I've taken the ennegram test before, but it's been a while. I want to say that I either got a 5w6 or 6w5. As far as the j vs p goes, I think I'm in the middle. I am incredibly indecisive in most circumstances, and in some ways I do like to keep my options open, (for example, not getting a degree that would limit me to only one type of job forever). However, I tend to be most calm and assured once a decision is made, so I don't have to keep wondering. I guess that's why I posted this here, because I need to know and be sure of my type. Even after all the research I did I'm still not sure.

INTJ-
Introvert 91% iNtuitive 12% Thinking 56% Judging 22%

Read the full interpretation. Fits pretty acurately.

Sounds like a p to me.

I feel more comfortable after a desicion is made, but I'd tend to keep options open.

I'm quite strong p.

Thank you for your help. I know I've taken the ennegram test before, but it's been a while. I want to say that I either got a 5w6 or 6w5. As far as the j vs p goes, I think I'm in the middle. I am incredibly indecisive in most circumstances, and in some ways I do like to keep my options open, (for example, not getting a degree that would limit me to only one type of job forever). However, I tend to be most calm and assured once a decision is made, so I don't have to keep wondering. I guess that's why I posted this here, because I need to know and be sure of my type. Even after all the research I did I'm still not sure.

Sounds like a p to me.

I feel more comfortable after a desicion is made, but I'd tend to keep options open.

I'm quite strong p.

Thank you, that makes sense. I think I do probably lean more towards being an infp than an istj. I guess what confused me the most was that I'm more traditional and okay with structure in my daily life than your average infp, but I suppose that might be due to the fact that I'm an aspie, and we tend to like sameness and be wary of big changes. But excluding that, I think the description of an infp fits well.

Thank you, that makes sense. I think I do probably lean more towards being an infp than an istj. I guess what confused me the most was that I'm more traditional and okay with structure in my daily life than your average infp, but I suppose that might be due to the fact that I'm an aspie, and we tend to like sameness and be wary of big changes. But excluding that, I think the description of an infp fits well.

Yeah same here.

My preference may be for constant change, but autism says "nope, maybe tomorrow".

New Threads

Top Bottom