• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What gives you Nostalgia?

Jelly shoes. I was obsessed as a little kid.:)

and apparently they’re back:

but I haven’t seen them here....although granted I don’t often go shoe shopping because I hate it.

I had those as a kid too lol

Why are they so expensive??? Even Crocs are super expensive which I don't understand, I have a pair of Crocs that someone gave me (that I really didn't want) that I wear in the mud, like how you're supposed to wear them. People wear them as a fashion statement and they're in super high demand right now. Teenage girls come up to me all the time at the beach and they're like "Omg I love your Crocs!" and I'm like "Yeah, well I don't."
The fact that Gucci and Balenciaga are now making jelly shoes is hilarious to me lmao

Fashion from the 90s and 2000s is nostalgic to me too. I still use scrunchies and wear overalls. I have glasses that I'm supposed to wear (but I don't) and I have a pair of aviator glasses and a pair of the Ray-Ban clubmasters. I don't like wearing glasses and those styles weren't fashionable at the time so I thought I was being funny. But I guess all of those styles are coming back now too.

My favorite nostalgic thing is music from the early 2000s though.

I had those as a kid too lol

Why are they so expensive??? Even Crocs are super expensive which I don't understand, I have a pair of Crocs that someone gave me (that I really didn't want) that I wear in the mud, like how you're supposed to wear them. People wear them as a fashion statement and they're in super high demand right now. Teenage girls come up to me all the time at the beach and they're like "Omg I love your Crocs!" and I'm like "Yeah, well I don't."
The fact that Gucci and Balenciaga are now making jelly shoes is hilarious to me lmao

Fashion from the 90s and 2000s is nostalgic to me too. I still use scrunchies and wear overalls. I have glasses that I'm supposed to wear (but I don't) and I have a pair of aviator glasses and a pair of the Ray-Ban clubmasters. I don't like wearing glasses and those styles weren't fashionable at the time so I thought I was being funny. But I guess all of those styles are coming back now too.

My favorite nostalgic thing is music from the early 2000s though.
I would get jelly shoes again. :cool:

I had the red ones.
1660125516843.png

Google Earth.

Scratching your head as to why?

I go exploring places I went on holiday as a child or go to my late Great Aunt's old house to see what has changed.

These songs give me nostalgia from my childhood. If I hear either of these songs I will sing along with them. I don't care if they're bad lol

These things, wood lathes. When I was very young I spent a lot time in a room with equipment like that. And there was something special about lathes. I watched people put some wood into them and after a while things just appeared, as if by magic. :)

wood.jpg

These things, wood lathes. When I was very young I spent a lot time in a room with equipment like that. And there was something special about lathes. I watched people put some wood into them and after a while things just appeared, as if by magic. :)

View attachment 83510
Just hope you never have to move one. The Union Graduate (similar to the one in your pic) is a heavy lump. Mum had one but we never got it set up for her to use. These are probably all gone from schools now due to Health and Safety. The rules now require them to have an EMF brake which these old machines don't have nor is fitting one easy.

the clanging sound of a sailboat mast
boathouses with minnows and rock bass in the water
threadbare sun-bleached life jackets
feeding bits of bread to ducks from a boat

fireflies
grasshoppers
cicadas on languid afternoons
somersaults and cartwheels
butterfly nets and bubble blowers
crickets and bullfrogs

running with pinwheels
jumping through the sprinkler
the smell of swimming pools and wet beach towels
styrofoam flutter boards
sitting on hot vinyl car seats in my wet swim suit

waiting for my report card on the last day of school
the smell of new clothes (corduroy) for the first day of school

Carving Halloween pumpkins
Store-bought Halloween costumes
Collecting my candy in a pillow case
Unicef boxes full of pennies

The smell of the big, glossy Christmas catalogue
My dad's cologne which meant we had a babysitter

Classroom Valentine cards in heart-shaped paper holders
Snapping the wishbone on Thanksgiving

Sunlight dish soap
Johnson's Baby shampoo
Noxzema face cream
The smell of brand new dolls (vanilla / baby powder)
Washing my dolly clothes in our yellow sink, with bubbles

Holly Hobbie and ragdolls
Little House on the Prairie

Waiting for my grandparents at the airport, watching planes land

Neil Young
Neil Diamond
Rod Stewart
Thomson Twins
Bing Crosby

All the Rankin Bass Christmas specials
Christmas cards displayed on a red ribbon
Walking to mass in the snow on Christmas Eve

Fingerpaint
PlayDoh

Those folded paper games (fortune tellers)
They always said I would live in a beach house and have three children

Cat's cradle (the string game)
Charlie's Angels bubble gum cards and Double Bubble gum

Building forts with bed sheets and old telephones
Snow forts
Tree forts

Ice skating with cold toes and purple skate guards
Roller skating with pom poms on my skates
Strobe lights at the roller rink

My dad barbecuing steaks on Saturday night
Jumping off his shoulders in the swimming pool
Pretending to be asleep so he would carry me to bed
Sleeping in a tent in the back yard, with my stuffed animals

Feeling loved

Last edited:
In my case it's mostly music. Anime EDs hit me particularly hard for some reason. Some locations I haven't visited in close to a decade. Some food maybe. Too bad I will never write anything like In Search of the Lost Time, but inspired by the reflections that arise from listening DBZ ending songs.

New Threads

Top Bottom